Visas For Australian Born/ Half Thai Kids

As both my children are Half Thai and half Australian, what ages can travel on my wife and I visas. I heard that a child can travel on thier parents passport/visa until the age of 5 years old? Is that correct?

The children need their own passports. Australian and Thai laws don't permit their inclusion on a parents passport.

With their own passports thay wont need visa's for Australia or Thailand. Just interchange the passports when you travel.

It sounds as though there's no passports applied for as yet. The Oz passports will be the quickest, Thai passports are made in Thailand, and take awhile.

Dr,

How do you know he is not in Thailand? Just curiuos.

Sickbuffalo,

Are your children registered under both nationalities? I am assuming that they will be under which ever country they were born it, but they need to be registered under the other country before you can apply for a passport in that nationality.

add to that, if they use Aussie passports, they won't need visas to travel to most places if they are just visiting. Not the case with Thai PP where you need a visa for just about everywhere.

Having said that, if they are eligable for both, they should get both.

sick buffalo,

you can apply for Australian Citizenship for your children thru the embassy, it is known as citizenship by decent.

Once they have this they can then apply for an Aussie passport.

You can also apply for their Thai Passports at the same time.

When they have both passports no visas are required.

This is a good site for info good site

Hello,

Thank you for all of your information - My children are Australian citz, I suppose my question was a little unclear, but I will apply for their Australian passports.

I thought a child up to the age of 5 years old, could travel anywhere on their parents passport?!. I will apply for them anway, to be sure.

Thanks

Andy

Australia

:o

Dr,

How do you know he is not in Thailand? Just curiuos.

Sickbuffalo,

Are your children registered under both nationalities? I am assuming that they will be under which ever country they were born it, but they need to be registered under the other country before you can apply for a passport in that nationality.

I was guilty of assumption. Naughty Pat. He isn't in Australia according to his IP

With their own passports thay wont need visa's for Australia or Thailand. Just interchange the passports when you travel.

It sounds as though there's no passports applied for as yet. The Oz passports will be the quickest, Thai passports are made in Thailand, and take awhile.

My kids passports took one day only - apply then go back next day and collect - very efficient.

Hello,

Yes I am not in Australia now, I am away at work, but why on earth would you be checking my IP?

Thanks for all of your help and I have instructed my wife to apply for passports for the kids.

Regards

Andy

Australia

DR P = Inspector Plod

My kids passports took one day only - apply then go back next day and collect - very efficient.

Hi Maverick,

We have been told two weeks, what city/office did you get yours in 1 day?

Appreciated

Regards

Andy

Australia

Hey Mavis

Yes I knew you were an Aussie, so you have some Thai children, are they yours???

Tell us about you Mavis and your Thai girlie, she from a bar???

He He what goes around comes around.

So you think everyone in Hua Hin are Old Fartz, guess what we think of Saddo's like you, strange the majority of Farrang that live here are living for there Thai (nearly said lady then) Bar thing.

We dont live with Ex Bar filth, you are the loser Mavis.

Hello,

Yes I am not in Australia now, I am away at work, but why on earth would you be checking my IP?

Thanks for all of your help and I have instructed my wife to apply for passports for the kids.

Regards

Andy

Australia

Your IP is on the screen for me. No need to go looking.

and all for only sixty bucks more per passport.