Found The Coleman's... Where's The Sikkim Teas?

Janni

Well... trundled off after the first two Coleman replies looking for a Carrefour or a Tescos... and found -- can you believe this -- a one-pound box of Coleman's, nothing smaller... and thank you for all the detailed responses... I will follow up every lead.

But the new hunt... a serious one, as we are down to the dregs... is bulk tea from Sikkim and the tea gardens of northern India. I waited for the hottest day I could find and dutifully trekked all through Chinatown and what is supposed to pass for Indian markets until I nearly passed out ... but no tea... not tea bags, not Twinings... bulk tea that has great body and flavor. Okay, so I'm difficult!

So... you helped me once... can you do it again? This is a serious snipe hunt, I fear, but nearly worth the airline ticket to India!

listen, man...if with what you got your are still not happy then give it up...otherwise check the tea selection at foodland...I was able to find my favorite japan green tea with toasted rice (gen mai cha) which was cool...if they ain't got it then give it up and drink local whiskey...

in a sub soi (think sukhumvit 33/1) one down from Villa mkt same side is a french speaciality shop with wine, dainties and varieties of tea might be there. Think the Bulls Head is next door.

Now there is one of the side effects of the drink ... memory goes :o