Pas 8/10 Satellite Reception

sezzo

Gday all,

I have had a Dynasat satellite dish and receiver for the past 4 months and am quite happy with the reception that I get on Aguila KU satellite. I get most of the UBC stations plus the ABC Asia Pacific channel which I require to watch Australian sports. The problem is that as Dynasat obviously pirate the channels off a phillipine provider every so often they change the codes and I am without TV for a period of time. This last period has now become 3 1/2 weeks and its P###ing me off.

I have checked out the website for the PAS satellite which will provide me with ABC Asia Pacific channel and their footprint does cover thailand. I have got all the technical data required to align the satellite. On the list of satellites that Dynasat can get on their menu the PAS 8 and 10 satellites are available. I asked the local Dynasat technician ??? if it is possible to get PAS 8 tuned in. I gave him all the specs and he said that it cant be done. I am just assuming that he didnt want to do it as then I would have no need for his on going service.

My question is, can I realign the satellite dish for my needs and if so can anyone put me in the right direction on how to do it or someone who can.

Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I think you might be a bit confused with all the panamsat birds in the air :D

PAS 7/10 (one satellite) at 68.5 East wich carries the South African Multichoice network.

PAS 4 at 72 degrees East

PAS 8 at 166 degrees East, carries ABC Asia, Pacific and India

PAS 2 at 169 degrees East also carries ABC pacific

Normally it should be possible to receice those last two satellites with a big enough dish and no obstructions. The Agilla satellite you're using now is at 146 degrees East and this is already quite low over the horizon. At 169 degrees you'll be looking even lower!

It is indeed possible that the reach of your dish actuator is not long enough to go that far, but this should be able to be solved by any sat technician by changing the attachement point of the actuator.

You will however most probaly lose some satellites at the other end of the range, say below 70 degrees (where the PAS 7/10 is).

PS, If I recall correctly you do need a smartcard to watch ABC Asia Pacific, but this card is supposedly free! Just not sure how to go about getting one...

On second tought, checking out Lyngsat on PAS 8 shows The Asia version of ABC to be free to air, the Indian and the Pacific version seems to be encrypted in Irdeto2 while the plain jane Ozzie version is encrypted in DVB, while on PAS2 you should get ABC pacific free to air :o

PPS, it's called Australia Network now, instead of ABC :D

Edited by monty