iPad screen repair in BKK

achieng15

Hi all,

My iPad Air screen just got cracked quite badly and requires repair. The LCD display is still working correctly though, its just the front glass panel that is cracked. I tried to take it to some Apple Authorised Service Providers for repair last week, however they told me they are only able to replace the entire unit instead of just changing the glass panel. The quoted me a price of about 13000 baht which is almost the price of a new iPad. So can anyone recommend me a good place to just replace the screen of the iPad? Preferably around Major Ratchayothin as I stay around there.

Tan Telecom 4th floor MBK Centre. 3000baht for a new screen 18 months ago. No problems at all. Others seem happy too. Check this thread from a while ago: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/488048-ipad-2-screen-repair/ I remember dropping it off and going for a bite to eat in the International Food Court and them giving me a ring when it was finished. Top service.

Hey man all, thanks for the replies. Was a bit busy these few days so replied quite late. Yea I am actually quite skeptical about letting another person to open up my iPad, but its kind of like a last resort if I have no choice. Better than replacing the whole unit at 13000 baht. I have actually saw Tan Telecom in quite a few post, but its kind of out of the way though, so was checking around if anyone know of any other shops. I am currently checking with apple support to see if I can get it replaced in Singapore instead. If its possible, I will wait a few more months to get it repair when I am in Singapore. If not, likely I will just get it repair in Tan's Telecom

• 4 months later...

Hey, gotta tell everybody that I dropped the ipad and cracked the glass. went to Tan telecom (4th floor of MBK) and they did a great job of replacing the glass for 1600 baht. Works great now. they are really good and I recommend them to all. like previous posters said wait 40 minutes (go to buger king on 3rd floor below Tan). They are a little shop with a black sign all the way Opposite side from Power Buy. If you are wa;lking towards them from power buy they would be on your right all the way to the right side very close to the end. Do not have it done anywhere else is my rec.