Loxley to promote electric taxis and buses for Thailand

webfact

Loxley to promote electric taxis and buses for Thailand
By Coconuts Bangkok

byd_e6.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok-based technology and commerce firm which has worked on developing electric vehicle technology wants to see e-taxis and buses cruising the streets of Bangkok.

Loxley says it will introduce electric public transportation options at an event next week that could help reduce air pollution.

The electric vehicles will be imported from Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/03/12/loxley-promote-electric-taxis-and-buses-thailand

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-12

Well Toyota gives 10 years full warranty on the hybrid models battery's.

But a car with Thai technology?? Me Au krab, kob khun krab.facepalm.gif

The vehicles will be from the Chinese company, BYD, in China, of which Thailand is not a part.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Have you seen the crash tests on BYD vehicles? There is no way I'd get in one.

Have you? Nothing much wrong with them but you'd get into a 15 year old, or older, Bangkok taxi? Have you seen the crash results for them?

Edited by Sviss Geez

Top Gear got 60 km out of a 200km range electric super-car test. It then took 6-8 hours to charge?

Whats the spec's on the cars and buses.

Hybrid's are good if only short distance are used daily. But can still return high petrol use on long drives.

So the gas buses aren't a good earn?

BYD sell a lot of units in China, are a subsidiary of BYD Co Ltd which has been around since 1995. BYD was formed in 2002.

Have you seen the crash tests on BYD vehicles? There is no way I'd get in one.

Have you? Nothing much wrong with them but you'd get into a 15 year old, or older, Bangkok taxi? Have you seen the crash results for them?

Actually no I don't. On the rare occasions I do have to use one I make sure it's a newer model or book via Uber. There aren't that many 15 year old taxis left on the road though, most are the previous generation Altis/Corolla now, which has a very good crash test rating, unlike anything from BYD, You Tube has several crash test of their vehicles if you care to look.

Well Toyota gives 10 years full warranty on the hybrid models battery's.

But a car with Thai technology?? Me Au krab, kob khun krab.facepalm.gif

The vehicles will be from the Chinese company, BYD, in China, of which Thailand is not a part.

"...........in China, of which Thailand is not a part." Yet.wink.png

Top Gear got 60 km out of a 200km range electric super-car test. It then took 6-8 hours to charge?

Whats the spec's on the cars and buses.

Hybrid's are good if only short distance are used daily. But can still return high petrol use on long drives.

So the gas buses aren't a good earn?

BYD sell a lot of units in China, are a subsidiary of BYD Co Ltd which has been around since 1995. BYD was formed in 2002.

This is why Warren Buffet bought into the company - assured volume of sales, not quality...?