Is there a limit to amount you can exchange at SuperRich ?

I plan to change some MYR and bring the MYR out of the country. Perhaps about 200,000 baht, but that alone we are looking at more than 200 pieces of MYR 100 notes. Apparently that is the biggest denomination, and I wonder if Immigration will raise a voice on that.

i often used to change £10000 never had a problem there, thats about 500k baht

Do you know if Superich carry a large amount of USD?

How large is considered large ?

I always go to another shop called Grand Super Rich. I'm not sure if they belong to the same company, but the rates are exactly the same.

i often used to change £10000 never had a problem there, thats about 500k baht

Do you know if Superich carry a large amount of USD?

no idea am from the uk so never needed them

I stil not understand how super rich can make profit giving better or even not the best rate of all changer in thailand , better then any other bank!

Small Notre 20 10 and 50 You Got lower rates, plz concider this when you change large , don't worry super rich can change every thing last time in front of me bisness Thai woman changing 3 million Bhat without any problem!

For this amount I would suggest going to the main SuperRich branch on Rajdamri Road.

As I thought about this - if I was going to make this sized exchange it might be worth it to do some due diligence.

I always exchange my latest issue and pristine $100 USD bills with the arab money changers in lower Suk between soi 3 and 5. I have found they provide very competitive exchange rates and consistently beat the rates offered at the SuperRich kiosk at the Asoke BTS.

Might be worth some investigation. I would just swing by and tell them what you want to do. No harm in asking.

SL

it certainly makes sense to call ahead if you want to Exchange 1.000.000 $ into Baht or vice versa.

I have seen this happenening with my own eyes.

If you exchange huge amounts, you will not do this in their regular outlet. you will be guided to a small hidden office, very discrete.

At the SuperRich main office near Central world / Khlong SaenSaeb I have seen the largest amount of cash I have ever seen in my life. I was waiting to do some transaction too, and another (THAI) customer there changed hundreds of Millions of Baht.

Seriously. It must have been more than a boot of a regular saloon car can carry, all bundles of 1000 Baht bills.

so, to answer your question, YES you can probably change any amount you want.

The reaction of the custoim or immigration when you leave Thailand and enter another country, now that's another story

At the SuperRich main office near Central world / Khlong SaenSaeb I have seen the largest amount of cash I have ever seen in my life. I was waiting to do some transaction too, and another (THAI) customer there changed hundreds of Millions of Baht.

Seriously. It must have been more than a boot of a regular saloon car can carry, all bundles of 1000 Baht bills.

Was the Thai customer a monk by any chance? biggrin.png

In Bangkok, also try Siam exchange near MBK. They have had some currency rates better than superrich head office rate. For example today 23MAR 8PM USD$100 notes are Siam 3,248 Superrich 3,247

Edited by cigar7

For this amount I would suggest going to the main SuperRich branch on Rajdamri Road.

As I thought about this - if I was going to make this sized exchange it might be worth it to do some due diligence.

I always exchange my latest issue and pristine $100 USD bills with the arab money changers in lower Suk between soi 3 and 5. I have found they provide very competitive exchange rates and consistently beat the rates offered at the SuperRich kiosk at the Asoke BTS.

Might be worth some investigation. I would just swing by and tell them what you want to do. No harm in asking.

SL

Aha ! The Superrich that I have in mind is different from the Superrich @ Asoke. You know there are 2 Superrich brands - a green one and and red one. The one @ Asoke is the red one. It's the green one that offers better rates, but there is now another one called Grand Superrich which is further inside.

SL

Aha ! The Superrich that I have in mind is different from the Superrich @ Asoke. You know there are 2 Superrich brands - a green one and and red one. The one @ Asoke is the red one. It's the green one that offers better rates, but there is now another one called Grand Superrich which is further inside.

Use superrich international exchange 1965 Head Office (Rajdamri Road), orange sign.

Both siam and superrich1965 post on the internet.

Edited by cigar7

it certainly makes sense to call ahead if you want to Exchange 1.000.000 $ into Baht or vice versa.

I have seen this happenening with my own eyes.

If you exchange huge amounts, you will not do this in their regular outlet. you will be guidoed to a small hidden office, very discrete.

so, to answer your question, YES you can probably change any amount you want.

The reaction of the custoim or immigration when you leave Thailand and enter another country, now that's another story

for those amounts your better off going to a real bank where there are security safeguards in place.

handing over a million usd to a exchange place is nuts.