Thai Civil Aviation Department issue 22 licences in nine months

webfact

I suppose know one knows if that many licence issues is unusual unless they give a reference point to what is or is not the normal.

I only know that Thaksin (and so the previous governments) tried to delay or block license to new airlines to protect his business.

What reference does airline licence issuance in the past 9 months have to Thaksin????

I do try and make political points sometimes, but this is clearly not one of them.

Airasia is or was connected to Thaksin.

So he forced Thai Airways to stop serving some destinations. But they made NOK Air independent enough to be sometimes able to take these destinations over.

Additional he tried to force other airlines out of business. (Orient Thai for example, with some nonsense customs duty thing....).

Than with Don Muang and a other government Air Asia was not allowed to use this airport, with the next government change (Yingluck) they wanted to give Air Asia a 90% discount over the other airlines on the DMK airport (I don't know if it happened or not....it got silent).

So there is a battle since many years about which airline can do what. With the Shinawatras but sure other oligarchs as well.

I guess additionally there will be some corruption in the system.

Your comments are erroneous. Air Asia was never connected to Thaksin. He had a joint venture for a short time with Thai Air Asia. It was sold to the managers for a paltry amount in 2007. He never forced Thai Airways to stop serving any destination.Why lie? Thai has been rather consistent with its routes, and has only recently suspended routes on some of its non profitable routes.Once Thai Smile, the LCC subsidiary of TG was started, routes were transferred to Thai Smile, with most changes occurring in the past year.

Your comments in respect to NOK are even more idiotic. The airline was started in 2004 with support from TG. The intent was to take on the routes best served by a LCC. The strategy was discussed at length at the time. TG was bleeding on many of the smaller destination routes, and it was TG that was blocked from withdrawing from routes.

Thaksin tried to force Orient Thai out of business? Are you mentally incompetent? Orient Thai was never a competitor FD. Orient Thai became the main operator after the fiasco of the 1,2 Go fireball crash at HKT when the airline had such a bad reputation that everyone avoided it. Orient Thai's problems were its own creation. It has a bad reputation ever since its B747 nearly took out the skyscraper in Tokyo in 2004.

In respect to the terminal changes, are you aware that DMK is owned by the Thai military, not Thaksin? The decision to move domestic airlines and LCC carriers to DMK was because BKK was over capacity. All LCCs were moved to DMK and the move came at the urging of the major airlines who used BKK. TG retained some key domestic routes at BKK giving it a near monopoly shared with Bangkok Airways. The change in terminals benefited TG and Bangkok Airways the most as it could keep its significantly higher fares. The reason terminal fees were reduced for ALL carriers who changed to DMK was to help cover part of the costs of the forced change.

If you want to make allegations ask yourself how Bangkok Airways has managed to keep its stranglehold on Samui and why its fares are artificially high because of its presence at BKK. Bangkok Airways owes its start to who? Hint: The founders and current operators are not allies of Thaksin.

• Like 2

How dies invoking section 44 hep with airline safety .. is it a majic section and now suddenly all is perfect in the airline industry?

Have you read Article 44?

Section 44 empowers the NCPO leader to issue any order "for the sake of the reforms in any field, the promotion of love and harmony amongst the people in the nation, or the prevention, abatement or suppression of any act detrimental to national order or security, royal throne, national economy or public administration, whether the act occurs inside or outside the kingdom". The orders so issued are all deemed "lawful, constitutional and final".

With invoking 44, he than can go streight to the source of the process problem. coffee1.gif

This whole article is just sooo vague.

22 licences in 9 months doesn't seam a lot, considering it doesn't say
anywhere, if they were licences for privat aircrafts, micro aircrafts,
helicopters, commercial aircrafts or all together.

As usual, pretty Sh***y reporting.

This whole article is just sooo vague.

22 licences in 9 months doesn't seam a lot, considering it doesn't say

anywhere, if they were licences for privat aircrafts, micro aircrafts,

helicopters, commercial aircrafts or all together.

As usual, pretty Sh***y reporting.

Department of Civil Aviation (Thailand) - Wikipedia, the free ...

"The ICAO assesses, among other things, personnel licensing and training, airworthiness assessment and certification, accident investigation, and airline operations oversight. Among the ICAO's concerns is that the DCA has issued operating licences to 22 airlines in just nine months. To date (Mar 2015), the DCA has issued operating licences to 70 scheduled and charter airlines. Sixty-one are still operational. Of these, 41 of are charter flight operators"

"the DCA has only 13 aviation safety inspectors."

The DCA is the latest iteration of the civil aviation regulatory body and recieved its shiny new name (DCA) in November 2009.

The numbers indicate that during just over 5 years existence, over 30% of its total licences were issued within less than a year.

I take the ICAOs statement to mean that as far as it is concerned, the speed/volume within that space of time indicates that there was inadequate assessment and investigation of the airlines and that it amounted to little more than a "rubber-stamp" exercise.

If you have any more queries or concerns please got to the ICAOs website, although the text of their safety audit is not available yet. Thailands performance during its last audit is available as a graphic.

Edited by Enoon

I suppose know one knows if that many licence issues is unusual unless they give a reference point to what is or is not the normal.

I only know that Thaksin (and so the previous governments) tried to delay or block license to new airlines to protect his business.

Blimey, 7 posts in and you managed to turn it into a bash Thaksin thread!

Must be some sort of record.

Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin! post-80674-0-31084800-1427897683_thumb.j

• Like 2