Orthodontist Recommendations ?

luudee

Looking for a Orthodontist for my daughter. We tried BPH, but they are booked until end of May ...

I know there are tons of dental clinics in Pattaya. Can somebody recommend a good Orthodontist ?

All she needs are braces, but we would like to find an experienced doctor who knows what he is doing ...

Many Thanks,

luudee

I have no personal experience of braces here but for my implants I go to Phyathai in Si Racha. They have a fairly big dental clinic section. At 40,000B all-in for an implant they are quite reasonably priced and I would not use anyone else for that. For most other dental things they aren't cheap, though probably no more than BPH and maybe less.

So now I go elsewhere for the other simple things, like deep cleaning and fillings etc. This other place is also very good, but if I required anything more complex than fillings or cleaning or similar I expect I would bite the bullet (ha ha) and use Phyathai as I have confidence in them for important jobs.

Phyathai does have a native English-speaking marketing chap named Gavin who would give you an idea of prices or arrange appointments. He is a main asset of the place as far as farangs go.

The guy who use to work at Pattaya International Hospital, Dr. Sonram, has his own office now. He's super. We checked around a fair bit, even doing an eval and getting price quotes at 3-4 places. My wife was happiest with him.

Several we talked with were the same as you mention....booked for weeks in advance. And when you visited, the waiting room was packed. Dr. Sonram's is not like that.

He's on North Pattaya road and almost across the street from city hall...towards the beach a bit. Prices were right in line with what others were charging. He's also great for cleaning, implants, etc.

08 2255 9950

Perfect English.

I also like Phyathai, but it's a long drive. Of course, with all the new construction, even getting to North Pattaya Road is tough! 5555

Thanks for all the replies guys !

We ended up choosing

http://www.orthosmiledental.com/

All of the doctors have impressive resumes, including being ex BPH employees ....

http://www.orthosmiledental.com/meet_the_doctors-dentist-dental-in-pattaya.php

Our Dr. is Khun Ning, she appears to be very knowledgeable and kind ... perfect English,

explained the different options, first free consultation, than we agreed on x-rays, and

talked for another half hour about various treatment options (to straighten my daughters

teeth). No pressure, she took the time to make sure I understood everything ...

So far pretty happy, will post update if things change !

Complete treatment with Upper & Lower "Damon 3" Braces, was quoted 80,000 baht,

payments spread over a year ... tooth extraction and final retainers are extra ...

luudee

• 2 months later...

Last year we went to Australia for holiday at my aunt's place, but no one knew that my sister will have to go through dental surgery. There she had to have 4 teeth pulled out for the implant. I was horrified, but she stood strong with the decision. In her case it took some weeks to get her teeth healed enough for the surgical burying of the implant. The teeth pulling part might already be a significant part of the fees in Australia, that is you may save quite a bit if you have it done in Thailand.

Anyway we went back to Bangkok and after that my sister had to get the integration done that is some form of post which penetrates through the gum into the mouth. It turned out not be a problem to have a dentist in Bangkok to continue the work, plus the price is very affordable for dental implant in Thailand. I recommend BFC Dental as they are professional and highly experienced in their field such as bridges and dentures and also give good advices on dental health.

Edited by Selina Harris