Ex Pat Outsourcing In Thailand

It's my understanding that they both performed tasks well, but couldn't think outside the box. We had some success in the Philippines with our less complicated loan products.

Doomed to failure.

Ever look at the marketing signs on the street in Bangkok? Very little attention to detail. Very poor English. These folks are supposed to sell and support securitized and unsecuritized loans?

Level of English is horrible.

By nature, call center jobs are boring. Your not going to get a bright Thai to work and stay there unless the pay is really good.

If you can't get it working in the Phillippines or India, then management has to look in the mirror. Looking to Thailand is just plain crazy!

g-

Amity treaty was set to expire last year, I'm not sure if it was renewed.

To operate a cost centre here - you will need a decent accountant as the revenue department don't really like/understand companies here not making a profit.

Sunbelt advertise on here and are supposed to be good. I personally use Chandler and Thong-Ek

Treaty of Amity is still in effect- a friend of mine set up a company last week and was told it has been extended for a few weeks. Not sure if it was pressure tactics by his lawyer (ie. hurry up and charter now or might be last chance) or if it's really on the rocks soon.

Agree about running a cost center here. Our branch office was investigated by the revenue department for having run 12 years without any profit on the books. Finally negotiated a cost+5% agreement for our group branch offices.

Also recommend Chandler Thong-Ek- they handled all of our various issues and also processed my work permit and various papers.

If you can't get it working in the Phillippines or India, then management has to look in the mirror. Looking to Thailand is just plain crazy!

g-

The OP isn't trying to hire Thais to call people...he/she is trying to hire Foreign expats, like yourself willing to work in Thailand at a lower cost (because it's they are in Thailand). Personally, I think it's a viable option...and I've considered it myself. I do think it will be difficult to find someone who will stick with it tho.

--matt