moving stuff from Chiang Mai to Bangkok

pete66

I am moving from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and have accumulated quite a lot of gear in CM eg. motorbike, 50" TV, surround sound system, golf clubs etc. Certainly not stuff I could ever attempt to move myself.

A Thai friend said the Thai post office offered some kind of moving service. Anyone know about that or even better, used it? She said it would be much cheaper than renting out a "random" moving truck locally.

Tia

You can ship your bike via the post office no problem. But don't think I'd risk the other stuff. I'd just rent a car and load it up! Or a truck. Wherever you are moving in Bangkok, the locals will know someone who will help you unload it.

I am moving from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and have accumulated quite a lot of gear in CM eg. motorbike, 50" TV, surround sound system, golf clubs etc. Certainly not stuff I could ever attempt to move myself.

A Thai friend said the Thai post office offered some kind of moving service. Anyone know about that or even better, used it? She said it would be much cheaper than renting out a "random" moving truck locally.

Tia

yeah loved my moter bike in chang mai,, but in bangkok, you wouldnt get me on one in a million years

The Thai Post service you ask about is called Logispost. Maximum weight 200kg. I have used it. You need to be able to get your stuff to the post office and pick it up from the destination post office. Here is the link to the servce: http://www.thailandpost.com/service-detail.php?sid=9&service=395

Thanks very much. Sounds ideal, certainly not going to exceed 200kg. Any idea of cost?

The Thai Post service you ask about is called Logispost. Maximum weight 200kg. I have used it. You need to be able to get your stuff to the post office and pick it up from the destination post office. Here is the link to the servce: http://www.thailandpost.com/service-detail.php?sid=9&service=395

Thanks very much. Sounds ideal, certainly not going to exceed 200kg. Any idea of cost?

I posted the link above. You have to research it to get the cost. It's available online.

When i did the same move i found a private company... they came to my condo, boxed and taped everything and loaded it onto a van, transferred it to a truck, which regularly travelled between Cm and bangkok, then in bangkok another van collected it and took it to my new condo, this cost me about 2-3000 baht for everything. I never found a company that would move my things around different condos in bangkok for such a low price! I think they only spoke Thai so you may need a Thai friend to call them, and ive no idea if they even still exist as i moved about 6 years ago, but i still have the number saved in my phone, might be worth a call! PM me if you want the number