Condo By The Ocean

egeefay

We would like to rent a condo for a month in Hua Hin...from Dec. 4, 2006-Jan. 4, 2006

1-2 bedroom

By the ocean

Furnished

Under 40,000 baht.

Anyone know of a good place we can rent?

Try VIP Condo its a lil on the out skirts of HH but not expensive and you cud rent two condo's for that price. and its beach front!

Maybe so, jd, but as I recall, that's doable only in low season. I'm pretty sure they told us that in high season, they're booked up with the owners coming in from Europe, etc.

The place I was thinking of is out of town towards ChaAm and most of the owners are BKK Thais .... Webster rents places there for student housing <just a few>

By the ocean during the whole of peak season for under B40,000 a month?

Surely you're not serious. This is a joke, right?

Another usefull answer from OAH :o

The poster asked whether he could find a condo meeting the requirements he described. I responded that, no, he couldn't. He was so far away from a realistic expectation that his question amounted to a joke.

It seems to me that my answer was rather more responsive to the poster than your self-satisifed sneering at me. It's people like you, who apparently have nothing better to do than jeer at others without providing any useful information themselves, who clutter up what is otherwise generally a pretty intelligent forum.

I inquired at one of large buildings on the beach, building office lady said 25K for 2 bedroom.

It's not normally let, I don't think they care what time of year it is.

Sorry, can't remember the place's name, there are many massive apartment blocks along the beach, I just randomly popped into several oif them, barefoot, straight from the beach.

Thais do not have long (hardly any, maybe Dec 31 and Jan 1) holidays during tourist "high season".

Hotels along Sukumvit in BKK have 1 bed apartments for about that money, why would it be a joke to expect similar in Hua Hin? When did Hua Hin overpass Hawaii with prices?

Another usefull answer from OAH :o

The poster asked whether he could find a condo meeting the requirements he described. I responded that, no, he couldn't. He was so far away from a realistic expectation that his question amounted to a joke.

It seems to me that my answer was rather more responsive to the poster than your self-satisifed sneering at me. It's people like you, who apparently have nothing better to do than jeer at others without providing any useful information themselves, who clutter up what is otherwise generally a pretty intelligent forum.

Would be more intelligent without your negative sarcastic inputs all the time. Why do several other posters say it' possible? Nobody else is poking fun at the OP for asking the question.

We are a retire couple. we are also interested to rent a waterfront condo or apartment at or below 40,000 per month for 2 or 3 months from November on. I am a golfer and will have an access to obtain a friend's car. Any good idea or suggestion please?

Try VIP condo contact 032 442312 and ask for Vepa she speaks a bit of English and will be able to help you out.

You could also try Hin Nam Sai Suay thats on the main road easy to find transport.

As you may have discovered, it is hard to answer your question. Perhaps you can find a beach-front condo in high season in Hua Hin for Baht 40k per month, but nobody seems able to give a specific recommendation.

We live in Khao Takiab at the southern end of the Hua Hin beach, about 200 yards back from the beach, and the beach-front condos in front of our house rent for 80k-120k per month. They are 2 bedrooms, 1,000 square feet, nice, but not spectacular.

Part of the problem lies in the "in Hua Hin" phrase. Do you mean near the city center, or just somewhere along the 5 miles or so of main beach, and 10 miles if you include the southern part of Cha-am municipality (which is actually much nearer to Hua Hin than to Cha-am)? Be advised that most of the establishments in southern Cha-am advertise themselves as being in Hua Hin (eg, Dusit Resort), as do many places in Pranburi, 15-20 miles to the south of Hua Hin.

Perhaps if you could be a little more specific as to your requirements, the locals might be able to offer more assistance.

I thank everyone for your help and good suggestions

I finally found a nice Condo called Palm Pavillions. One bedroom 60 sq meters for 30,000 baht during December. It has an infinity pool overlooking the ocean.

It's actually in Cha Am , on the ocean, across from Palm Hills golf course

I rented direct from the condo management but was able to check out the photos and reviews on many websites.

My sister-in-law went to check out the place for me and put down the deposit.

She said the room looked very nice.

Looking forward to spending a month there this December.

I'll report back on how I liked it.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Edited by egeefay

We live in Khao Takiab at the southern end of the Hua Hin beach, about 200 yards back from the beach, and the beach-front condos in front of our house rent for 80k-120k per month. They are 2 bedrooms, 1,000 square feet, nice, but not spectacular.

Could be in one of the buildings in the picture, it's taken from Khao Takiab.

If 5km out of Hua Hin is that expensive, I wonder how could families of factory workers and teachers from Europe afford to holiday in the centre of Hua Hin? The Marriott (in Hua Hin) is packed with them, the Hilton too.

post-7277-1159316987_thumb.jpg

Edited by think_too_mut

Yes, you are correct -- I am referring to the tall structure in the middle of the picture.

I must admit we were stunned when we learned the price, but a number of these units are listed with several agents, all around the price I mentioned.

One of these agents told us that more than 80% of the units are owned by Thai people from Bangkok.

• 3 months later...
We would like to rent a condo for a month in Hua Hin...from Dec. 4, 2006-Jan. 4, 2006

1-2 bedroom

By the ocean

Furnished

Under 40,000 baht.

Anyone know of a good place we can rent?

As Promised we are just finishing up with our stay in Hua Hin and I wanted to report on the Palm Pavillion condo that we rented for 30,000k per month

Palm Pavillions is between the airport and Hua Hin. You can see it from the highway. It consists of two 11 story buildings.

The room we rented was on the 9th floor...one bedroom, two bathrooms, furnished (but I think the owner was Chinese (from the decor) so the furniture was sparce and not very comfortable.)

We rented the condo from the building managment who was handling the property for the owner. I would recommend renting directly from an owner who advertises on the internet. The property manager was totally worthless when it came to taking care of to things like burnt out lightbulbs . Long on promises, short on delivery.

There was a hot plate in the "kitchen" area and a microwave that didn't work. Once again, management was totally useless.

A slight smell came from one of the bathroom (a feature of Thai construction I understand since other residents also seemed to have the same problem). The building management was totally useless in dealing with the problem, too

There is 24 hour security and the place was pretty deserted on the weekdays so we had the nice pool by the ocean to ourselves a lot of the time. There wasn't much a beach to speak of during the day during high tide If you want to do a beach stroll you have to do it at night when the tides recede. But then the dogs seem to resent beachstrollers at night so we let them have the beach

There's a nice breeze that blows through the condo if you keep your front door open. That wasn't a problem, because, as I mentioned there was hardly anyone else there.

There's a two seater truck taxi that stops by the front frequently and goes into the city and out to Khao Takiab but it stops running at 6pm so you need to take a tuk tuk or something to get back to the condo if it's after dark.

All in all it was a pleasant experience and we'd do it again...but rent a different condo and check it out before we rented.