Teaching the wife Western cooking

Jessi

My wife is a qualified Thai Chef also has a degree in home Economics that she taught in schools.

I am teaching her western style cooking so she can expand her knowledge.

I have taught her Roast Lamb, Pork, Beef etc also Creamed rice pudding, shepherds pie, pasta bake.

Now she wants to learn how to make Pizza, I have never made a Pizza before any

members out there can give me some ideas please.

I bought one of these ovens from DO HOME in Korat and they are great.

Any and all recipes welcome not just for Pizza but any food cooked in the oven. wai.gif many thanks for your help.

post-43626-0-15937800-1438734408_thumb.j

Yoh know those small cookbooks, soft bound. You find them in the Thai bookstores and at Villa.....

.Have her pick a few out and go from there. I have taught mine things as well however these books help a lot. So does the internet.

hi jessi i got a few books she can have,THE GREAT GIG BARBECUE COOKBOOK,over 200recipes, FISH AND SEAFOOD,over 200recipes.

another that came with a combo.microwave,everthing from steak and kidney puddings to liver and bacon.

i havnt one with faggots or brawn in.

When I moved here 15 years ago there was a cookbook called Farang Food by Gill Bater, it had the recipes in both Thai and English, I found it a valuable tool. My partner didnt cook the recipes but used it to point out thins that looked goo, not quite what I had intended if for but.............

Not sure if the book is in publication any more.

post-80090-0-20064500-1438768686_thumb.j

Edited by RabC

YOUTUBE, definitely!

Because a video says more than thousand words.

With Youtube videos, my (ex) wife learned how to cook all the "German standard menus" like:

Gulasch, "Vienna Schnitzel", German Meatballs (Frikadellen), Curry sausage, etc.pp. and also how to make a (Pizza) doughs.

In the beginning, I just translated/explained the ingredients to her.

Edited by Turkleton

Yoh know those small cookbooks, soft bound. You find them in the Thai bookstores and at Villa.....

.Have her pick a few out and go from there. I have taught mine things as well however these books help a lot. So does the internet.

I dont know the books you are talking about but I shall have a look...Are they in English or Thai?

Thankswai.gif

hi jessi i got a few books she can have,THE GREAT GIG BARBECUE COOKBOOK,over 200recipes, FISH AND SEAFOOD,over 200recipes.

another that came with a combo.microwave,everthing from steak and kidney puddings to liver and bacon.

i havnt one with faggots or brawn in.

Thanks meatboy, I will PM you.

Cheers wai.gif

When I moved here 15 years ago there was a cookbook called Farang Food by Gill Bater, it had the recipes in both Thai and English, I found it a valuable tool. My partner didnt cook the recipes but used it to point out thins that looked goo, not quite what I had intended if for but.............

Not sure if the book is in publication any more.

I will have a look for it.

Thanks wai.gif

YOUTUBE, definitely!

Because a video says more than thousand words.

With Youtube videos, my (ex) wife learned how to cook all the "German standard menus" like:

Gulasch, "Vienna Schnitzel", German Meatballs (Frikadellen), Curry sausage, etc.pp. and also how to make a (Pizza) doughs.

In the beginning, I just translated/explained the ingredients to her.

Yes I agree youtube is great for this kind of thing.

I taught her how to make chicken Schnitzel, & now she makes the best schnitzel I have ever tasted (My favorite)

Cheers wai.gif