Do you think Netflix would be a big hit in S.E Asia?

davidst01

If Internet service providers provide enough bandwidth capacity that will allow users to watch movies online. If so, I think entry of Netflix company to the Asian TV shows market, will be a big impact. Of course, if the prices for the month of use will be cheap enough. But the prices in America and Europe show us that price for Netflix services isn't only the conversion of currency exchange rates between dollar and euro. But it's adaptation to the average financial situation in the country. If the price will be around several $ per month, then I think that Netflix will find many new customers here in Asia.

Why pay for stuff you get for free now?

free ?

Are you talking about torrents?

If so, then the reality is that at some point, I am sure these sites will be blocked in Thailand... Similar as they are in the western world...

Maybe next year, maybe in five years? I don't know.. But will happen eventually

I don't have any problem paying for a legal alternative .. Especially if it is more convenient

Netflix is far more convenient than Torrents.. No need for searching and downloading torrents

No waiting for downloading

Also using via Apple TV.. Just sit on the couch ... Watch on TV and use the remote... No need to mess with a computer

Also app on phone/ iPad

Netflix also pays attention to the shows you watch and learns your preferences and then recommends other shows that it thinks you will like

This is a great option, as Netflix has so many shows, no way to know them all...

And the cost is way less than cable...in U.S. Market.. Only 7.99 per month

I don't think I'm talking about torrents. I am talking about all the free stuff (movies, sports ......)on android boxes.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are peoples opinions on this now that netflix has been released in Thailand? Content might be weak at present but this will change in the future no doubt once they sort out licensing issues. For $10 a month Im sure most users will keep up the subscriptions. Its so cheap lets get real...

If so, then the reality is that at some point, I am sure these sites will be blocked in Thailand... Similar as they are in the western world...

Whilst the authorities can make things a little more inconvenient, there's no effective blocking of torrents in the west.

What are peoples opinions on this now that netflix has been released in Thailand? Content might be weak at present but this will change in the future no doubt once they sort out licensing issues. For $10 a month Im sure most users will keep up the subscriptions. Its so cheap lets get real...

The only complaint is content like you say. It is sometimes hard to find something you haven't yet seen, and I find I'm watching some really old movies because of that. The picture and sound quality is unbeaten. They'll keep getting my 420 Baht/month so long as they don't totally run out of things to watch ;)

If they want to make a serious impact, they will need to focus on creating original content for asia. (like they do in the US….nobody talks about the films in their library….its a pretty old collection, but everyone raves about house of cards and orange is the new black)

The challenge is, how do you crack the original content for asia?

They will fail in TH as long they don't have (Asian/Thai) content in the native language, or at least synchronized.

Even I can understand English (but not every Hillbilly dialect), I always prefer content in my native language.

Everything else ist too exhausting and needs too much concentration to enjoy the movies.

The only complaint is content like you say. It is sometimes hard to find something you haven't yet seen, and I find I'm watching some really old movies because of that. The picture and sound quality is unbeaten. They'll keep getting my 420 Baht/month so long as they don't totally run out of things to watch wink.png

I agree. They will keep getting my $10 a month. Im impressed with some of their original contents thus far. 'Making a murderer' was excellent as was 'Master of none' and 'beasts of no nation'.

They will have to make thai movies if they want the thai subscribers.