Shopping in phuket

robin4977

Hi just wondered if anyone could help we are Coming over in November me and my wife and she is asking is they anywhere you could recommend to maybe do a little Christmas shopping? ? And I know on holiday but she still wants to shop ha ha if anything for me I would be looking for a segway board for my son I know produced in China but just wondered if I could purchase there and take back with me any help would be great

Regards Craig

Two main shopping centres ,

Central Festival and

Jungceylon.

Google those and your good to go .

Might have trouble with the segway

though.

For a more local touch try the weekend market in chalong.

Again google and thou shall see :-)

But for shopping if you can the mrs would love all the mega malls in Bangkok

Edited by The Big Mango

At 7°56'39.18"N, 98°23'3.61"E find a good shopping opportunity, the Premium Outlet. Original quality for a lot less money... Just put the coordinates in Google Maps.

Sir, direct Google maps link requested.

At 7°56'39.18"N, 98°23'3.61"E find a good shopping opportunity, the Premium Outlet. Original quality for a lot less money... Just put the coordinates in Google Maps.

Sir, direct Google maps link requested.

I would have expected a geocacher to know how to handle coordinates whistling.gif

There you are: https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/7°56'39.2"N+98°23'03.6"E/

Edited by hkt83100

Order directly from china and save almost 1000$, it's the same board and the companies re-selling them are not giving you any support themselves.

I have tried but none seem prepared to post to UK as a single unit

You can use aliexpress. They will be 60-100$ more expensive than direct chinese factory but still cheaper than all resellers. If unit is defective you will receive your money back from their cash processor.

I always do some Christmas shopping up near Lam Prom Thep.
Those little shops have something that is very hard to find here: Size 6XL! (yeah, I'm American and need some of those for gifts)
And great prices.

So, yeah, go to the malls, and find the higher priced stuff, but if you want cheap, Chang beer shirts, or I love Phuket shirts, fisherman's pants, or souvenirs of Thailand, check out the bargains up there.
And do a little hiking while your at it and head down the path to the southern most point of Phuket.
Much more fun than going to Starbucks at the mall.