Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

mmmm latest news from the UK

Thailand tourist murders: Accused men's bid to access Met report rejected

The men accused of the murder of two British tourists on the island of Koh Tao in Thailand have failed in a High Court bid in London to gain access to a confidential report prepared by the Metropolitan Police.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/thailand-tourist-murders-accused-mens-bid-access-met-124942675.html#CaNq2bP

The solicitors have been trying to get this for months. Shame on the British justice system thats complicit in fitting people up.

Hints of the Kirsty Jones case here where the UK police didn't want to rock the boat with relationships with Thailand

The judge said he had made his decision feeling "very considerable unease" as he did not have a true "hands on" feel for the trial in Thailand. He said that doing "the best I could" had not been "a comfortable process".

He added: "I have not been assisted by the lack of evidence about the Thai proceedings or as to the evidence that has in fact been tendered by the prosecution or as to the main lines of defence".

The Metropolitan Police argued they were entitled to refuse access because of the need for confidentiality during international co-operation between police forces, and a court order for disclosure would have "a very serious adverse effect" on future co-operative ventures.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The men accused of the murder of two British tourists on the island of Koh Tao in Thailand have failed in a High Court bid in London to gain access to a confidential report prepared by the Metropolitan Police.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/thailand-tourist-murders-accused-mens-bid-access-met-124942675.html#CaNq2bP

The solicitors have been trying to get this for months. Shame on the British justice system thats complicit in fitting people up.

Hints of the Kirsty Jones case here where the UK police didn't want to rock the boat with relationships with Thailand

The judge said he had made his decision feeling "very considerable unease" as he did not have a true "hands on" feel for the trial in Thailand. He said that doing "the best I could" had not been "a comfortable process".

He added: "I have not been assisted by the lack of evidence about the Thai proceedings or as to the evidence that has in fact been tendered by the prosecution or as to the main lines of defence".

The Metropolitan Police argued they were entitled to refuse access because of the need for confidentiality during international co-operation between police forces, and a court order for disclosure would have "a very serious adverse effect" on future co-operative ventures.

Allow me to say, Shame on them. Diplomatic ties are more important than the rape and murder of British citizens and other westerners as well. If there was nothing to shed light or of significance why not release it?

Thailand, great place to visit.. Just watch your neck and your wallet.. Oh and never expect any kind of Justice unless you're paying for it.

Excuse me, while I go puke. This is the world were leaving for our children....

More puke.

I've been saying since late December that Brit authorities are complicit in the cover-up. Late December was when the Brit Coroner changed her mind and nixed her prior promise to release the Coroner's report on January 6. When she cancelled, she said, "maybe October, I don't know."

They judge who made the recent decision to deny info to the defense is right to feel uneasy (as he says). He should feel as bad as a person should feel who is contributing to the skewed trial which may lead to a death sentence for two young poor men who are likely innocent. Shame on him and all others who are too cowed to stand up for what's right.

Some quotes from the article: "The Metropolitan Police argued they were entitled to refuse access because of the need for confidentiality during international co-operation between police forces,...."

Boomer's translation: Brit authorities are keeping secrets with Thai authorities because diplomacy and cozy trade deals are more important than the lives of two impoverished little people.

"The judge said: "My ultimate conclusion is that there is nothing in the personal data which would be of any real value to the claimants."

Boomer's comment: Hey Justice Green, you may be a judge, but your personal opinion of what's of value in the report is not of ultimate importance. Let the litigants decide what's important. You're showing yourself to be a limp-wristed namby pamby and are fooling no one. My opinion of British sense of fair-play just plummeted.

Ok thank you for letting me know , I will make an exception for you since you seem to be one of the few here who can not accept that someone can have another opinion than you without insulting me for having another opinion , I would never follow you or insult you in any way. I dont even know why you put so much focus and energy on me , a regular poster on TV.

This is what you wrote :

As I said before, you are always quick to defend Nomsod and his family, I always wonder why if you are as impartial as you claim to be, why is that?

Answer:

Nomsod is just one person out of many who could be involved in this crime, he had his time in the spot light for a long time , he has proven his innocense as far as you can go in a country like Thailand , both with CCTV evidence and DNA . What about the rest of the "gang" , you seem to forget Nomsod is only one person , too much focus on one person is never good and there is a good chance he is innocent. Some people choose to believe that , its our opinion. Accept it.

You: Let me ask you somethingl why do you think he is attached to this case? Is it all dreamt up by people gossiping on the internet?

Of course not , we all know the history , and if you choose not to believe a word of what the thai media write , if you do not believe a word of RTP , if you do not believe a word of what experts and DNA labs in Thailand tell you , then fine . I choose to believe that there are some good people in this kingdom. And that not everything you hear and see is one big coverup that goes all the way up to the P.M as some of you seem to think in this case .

Or is it because the original police chief, Panya Mamen, identified him and his uncle Mon as the original murder suspects and said they he had gathered enough CCTV footage which "implicated them in the murders"?

Answer: Show me any evidence that this happened, rumors or facts ?

Then suddenly the police chief was switched, the CCTV footage disappears and now we have a ridiculously pathetic trial against 2 Burmese guys which is not holding up in court and is based on no hard evidence against them.

Answer: The CCTV footage from where? AC bar?

As I said many times , we do not know all the details , I am entitled to my opinion as you are . Yes it would be nice with facts but we dont have it do we ?

I love facts , give it to me , instead of BS me and others with other opinions than yours.

I guess I have to continue following every post you make here since you seem offended in some way just because I have my opinion. And I have to defend myself every time , ok thats how you want it it can be busy times for me until Friday.

If you just ignore me that would probably be better for this thread. I guess the moderators are tired of this now.

OK Khun Matt I hope you are satisfied.

So this is you yet again blaming everything on rumours. I'm surprised you didn't mention CSI LA.

You've been actively following this case since the beginning because you've posted like 1000 times about it so you know damn well the whole facts such as the original police chief naming Mon and Nomson as the prime suspects and saying that they have CCTV evidence to prove it but you pretend to not know because you like to stir up the threads as much as you can.

Anyways, here the Thai news quoting Panya Mamen which I know you have seen dozens of times on this forum already: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run. So it's not internet gossip, it's not a huge conspiracy to plot against some random locals and it's not CSI LA, but a quote from the police chief clearly saying that there is solid CCTV evidence which implicates them both in the crime.

And yes I understand your sneaky tactic about trying to invoke the mods by saying things like "I'm sure the mods are getting bored of this" on every post, it's a telling sign about your character.

My question is

What international cooperation between police forces is he talking about. There was no international cooperation, the RTP let them look at a selective minority of evidence.

My guess at this is that the UK police would get embarrassed if the report was made public.

They made a public statement when they returned to the UK on BBC radio 2 and said that the evidence they saw was confusing and contradictory and questioned whether the B2 were guilty. Aside from the confusing select evidence presented to them the report may well say this in harsher terms with no mincing of words.

Edited by thailandchilli

Ok thank you for letting me know , I will make an exception for you since you seem to be one of the few here who can not accept that someone can have another opinion than you without insulting me for having another opinion , I would never follow you or insult you in any way. I dont even know why you put so much focus and energy on me , a regular poster on TV.

This is what you wrote :

As I said before, you are always quick to defend Nomsod and his family, I always wonder why if you are as impartial as you claim to be, why is that?

Answer:

Nomsod is just one person out of many who could be involved in this crime, he had his time in the spot light for a long time , he has proven his innocense as far as you can go in a country like Thailand , both with CCTV evidence and DNA . What about the rest of the "gang" , you seem to forget Nomsod is only one person , too much focus on one person is never good and there is a good chance he is innocent. Some people choose to believe that , its our opinion. Accept it.

You: Let me ask you somethingl why do you think he is attached to this case? Is it all dreamt up by people gossiping on the internet?

Of course not , we all know the history , and if you choose not to believe a word of what the thai media write , if you do not believe a word of RTP , if you do not believe a word of what experts and DNA labs in Thailand tell you , then fine . I choose to believe that there are some good people in this kingdom. And that not everything you hear and see is one big coverup that goes all the way up to the P.M as some of you seem to think in this case .

Or is it because the original police chief, Panya Mamen, identified him and his uncle Mon as the original murder suspects and said they he had gathered enough CCTV footage which "implicated them in the murders"?

Then suddenly the police chief was switched, the CCTV footage disappears and now we have a ridiculously pathetic trial against 2 Burmese guys which is not holding up in court and is based on no hard evidence against them.

As I said many times , we do not know all the details , I am entitled to my opinion as you are . Yes it would be nice with facts but we dont have it do we ?

I love facts , give it to me , instead of BS me and others with other opinions than yours.

I guess I have to continue following every post you make here since you seem offended in some way just because I have my opinion. And I have to defend myself every time , ok thats how you want it it can be busy times for me until Friday.

If you just ignore me that would probably be better for this thread. I guess the moderators are tired of this now.

So this is you yet again blaming everything on rumours. I'm surprised you didn't mention CSI LA.

You've been actively following this case since the beginning because you've posted like 1000 times about it so you know damn well the whole facts such as the original police chief naming Mon and Nomson as the prime suspects and saying that they have CCTV evidence to prove it but you pretend to not know because you like to stir up the threads as much as you can.

Anyways, here the Thai news quoting Panya Mamen which I know you have seen dozens of times on this forum already: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run. So it's not internet gossip, it's not a huge conspiracy to plot against some random locals and it's not CSI LA, but a quote from the police chief clearly saying that there is solid CCTV evidence which implicates them both in the crime.

And yes I understand your sneaky tactic about trying to invoke the mods by saying things like "I'm sure the mods are getting bored of this" on every post, it's a telling sign about your character.

The sign of my character ? At least I don't go around and attack other members on this forum for having another opinion.

I am very well aware of that article and other published by Thai and social media the weeks after the murders. But I also know that you can't base the truth on everything you read , especially in Thailand. And Im sure you also know that .

Now lets finish this in a friendly way , up to you really.

This is what you wrote :

Answer:

The sign of my character ? At least I don't go around and attack other members on this forum for having another opinion.

I am very well aware of that article and other published by Thai and social media the weeks after the murders. But I also know that you can't base the truth on everything you read , especially in Thailand. And Im sure you also know that .

Now lets finish this in a friendly way , up to you really.

So it's still just rumours according to you because it doesn't fit in with what you want to believe? [flaming deleted]

So now the British are in on the cover up? Come on. A British judge read it and decided it would not benefit the defendants' case.

"There is nothing in the report which is exculpatory or would be of material assistance to the claimants in the operation of their defence in the course of the trial."

Their lawyer, while disappointed, said "But they are reassured that at least a British judge has now looked at the information held by the Metropolitan Police, applying anxious scrutiny, and determined that it would not assist them in their ongoing proceedings in Thailand."

let Me CLARIFY my comment.

The police and FCO office would be in contempt of court if they published the statements from the familys and the trial had been in a UK court. Theres NO way in the world they could do this and Leigh and Days argument has always been that.

Further they argued that the should show the basis on which the Police had led the family to believe that that the evidence is their and on that basis the Familys produced their carefully worded statements.

Now it shows they had Jack Sh!t in their report. No evidence.

End OFF.....

So on that basis I sat the Met Police have assisted in misrepresentation of the facts.

Kunmatt: You are a lowlife as far as I can see.

Thankyou for trying to understand my opinion about this tragc case. I will never call you lowlife. You are much better than me.

Have a nice evening Khun Matt and sweet dreams.

Edited by balo

Gwieloman

Thanks for the link, ,hadnt read that. Just one query regarding this, what about the statement from the French girls who heard screams coming from the beach ? If this crime were committed in the guesthouse and the bodies transferred to the beach there would be no screams heard. Let me know your thoughts on this. Would love to get to the bottom of this crime, but sadly seems impossible.

Thankyou for trying to understand my opinion about this tragc case. I will never call you lowlife. You are much better than me.

I only state facts in here as you well know so you can be sure that it is true.

I've been saying since late December that Brit authorities are complicit in the cover-up. Late December was when the Brit Coroner changed her mind and nixed her prior promise to release the Coroner's report on January 6. When she cancelled, she said, "maybe October, I don't know."

They judge who made the recent decision to deny info to the defense is right to feel uneasy (as he says). He should feel as bad as a person should feel who is contributing to the skewed trial which may lead to a death sentence for two young poor men who are likely innocent. Shame on him and all others who are too cowed to stand up for what's right.

You're WRONG

Sorry I was at the hearing. It was an interim hearing to decide when they hold the main Inquest. The Coroner decided she would adjourn it until October because of the time line of the Thai courts.

They will not complete it until the end of the trial. Its the same if it was in the UK court.

The Coroner is separate to The police and the FCO. They have given the Autopsy report to the Defence. Trust me

Please all, stop the baiting. Stop the responding to someone whose point of view you disagree with.

There are both important news and important updates that deserve to be aired. This is the one forum I'm aware of that allows that discussion, within the parameters of Forum rules. Respect them, or go somewhere else.

For the sake of the poor victims, their families, and the defendants so that justice, can be seen to be served as clearly and cleanly as possible in Thailand.

Having the thread closed again is a disservice to all.

Edited by philr

Kunmatt don't rise to him all he wants is to get the thread locked for his own agenda ..........seen thru him and the other shills from day one !....Best put them on ignore!

Kunmatt don't rise to him all he wants is to get the thread locked for his own agenda ..........seen thru him and the other shills from day one !....Best put them on ignore!

Yes I understand totally, I just wanted him to be sure of my point of view of him. :)

The mods will come and clean this all up soon as soon as Balo has reported all the posts as usual.

Yes I understand totally, I just wanted him to be sure of my point of view of him. smile.png

The mods will come and clean this all up soon as soon as Balo has reported all the posts as usual.

Oh please stop it now , I already told you I never report posts why should I ? You started this and I have to defend anything you say about me . I know this is an anonymous forum but still , I will never let you try to talk BS about me when I know its not true.

It's sad really that you do not focus on the topic in this thread , your last 10 posts has probably been about me.

Well I am still here to defend myself. Let's hope it will be for the last time.

Edited by balo

Gwieloman

Thanks for the link, ,hadnt read that. Just one query regarding this, what about the statement from the French girls who heard screams coming from the beach ? If this crime were committed in the guesthouse and the bodies transferred to the beach there would be no screams heard. Let me know your thoughts on this. Would love to get to the bottom of this crime, but sadly seems impossible.

That "account" is a complete fabrication, you don't need to look further than the fact that both victims were sharing rooms with friends to have it debunked.

So now the British are in on the cover up? Come on. A British judge read it and decided it would not benefit the defendants' case.

"There is nothing in the report which is exculpatory or would be of material assistance to the claimants in the operation of their defence in the course of the trial."

Their lawyer, while disappointed, said "But they are reassured that at least a British judge has now looked at the information held by the Metropolitan Police, applying anxious scrutiny, and determined that it would not assist them in their ongoing proceedings in Thailand."

The conclusion from the judge is completely in line with has been known for almost a year based on statements from the family regarding the strength of the case against the men on trial.

I wonder if this was the big break the defense was expecting from the UK.

Please please stop the petty and childish bickering and make attempts to work together for the greater good. There are plenty of other forums on a multitude of less grave topics which posters can go to if they need to throw stones and spit. Justice for Hannah, David and their families is what this one is about. Please shove off if you are here for the wrong reasons. Life is too short and precious (as we have seen) to waste time on schoolyard behaviour when there are rapists and murderers that need to be bought to justice.

The conclusion from the judge is completely in line with has been known for almost a year based on statements from the family regarding the strength of the case against the men on trial.

The big break ? If they don't know what is in the report it is very unlikely they would have been relying on it.

You need not panic just yet. Your big boys are waiting like Pitt balls ready to attack.

I wonder if these are the pigs who told the defense they should be on the police's side.

Nope it was not the break as they hadn't had it had they!!!..

This has been in the system since last year and in the end the solicitor took it to the high court as the Met wouldn't hand it over.

Its a side show and of no importance other than to clarify what they told the family. The police has already issued a statement to say the evidence is weak and it was broadcast on the link about posted by another TVF member.

May I remind you that if a case was in trial in the UK and anyone published such a statement then they would be hauled into court and jailed for contempt. This is the argument why publish this statement when its in trial. its Bad ethics.

So you are saying that maybe he was really on a gambling junket to Macao that evening? He says he knows the kid on sight and did not see him that evening while he was there and did not notice any altercation while he was there.

The bar probably opens about 8 or 9, and wraps up about 3 to 4 am (even tho they're supposedly required to close at 2). That's 6 to 8 hours. Did the guy hang there for that entire time? .....and notice everyone who entered and left?

Regardless, it's interesting that the CCTV aimed at AC entrance only seemed to work until David entered. Only the RTP know who was shown entering and leaving before and after the shot of David. RTP described David as acting drunk when entering, but to objective observers he didn't look at all drunk. Why would RTP try to convince the judges David was drunk at 1:30 am (3 hours before the crime). ....to make it appear he would more likely be lustful? ....and therefore more likely to deserve getting bashed for being lustful on the beach? ....by two small men who apparently flew in to a murderous rage at seeing two farang kissing.

The guy said in his second post he had no reason to notice anyone in the bar other than people he already knew prior to that evening. He made only a claim to know what transpired in the bar while he was there as opposed to yourself who seems to know what when on in the bar when you definitely were not there.