No Carlsberg Beer? Boycott Chang!

thaigene2

Amazing how you can conclude so fast that Chang owners are to blame and that Carlsberg deserves support. The last time a big multinaitonal company go the boot it was Pizza Hut. (Shops rebadged as Pizza Company). And guess what: it was Pizza Huts fault (I thought anyway) for trying some monopoly spiel on to the Thai partner! Pizza Hut had to spend big to get established again in the Thai market.. serves them right.

So now with Chang and Carlsberg.. who knows who is at fault? You have all the details?

Cheers,

Chanchao

I think the same thing happened with Wendy's fast awhile back.

kev...you right on, Blitz is pretty bad. Someone said that they marketed a 'premium' lager under the label of 'Greasy-dick'...never went nowhere either.

I'll have either Ranier or Olympia when in the NW. But these days give me vodka anyday...

How about Ranier Ale?...the favorite of beat negro bottle gangs from LA to Seattle...

When my mother was a teenager a classmate of hers burned down his neighbor's

house after drinking a case of Ranier Ale; said he saw Satan looking out the windows at him.

Boycott the lot, Lager is piss anyway

A man has to drink what a man has to drink, i.e. if all you can get is *chang*, then drink *chang*.

However, give me a pint of Timothy Taylor's best any day of the week.

:o

I'd rather drink my own piss than Chang or Singha.

I say BOYCOTT CHANG and refuse to pay for rounds where friends want to drink Chang.

Boycott Chang! That's cutting your nose off to spite your face in my opinion. Not only would my internal system suffer but so would my wallet!

:D

George would boycott Chang if he wasn't addicted to it. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Can't buy a house, can;t get a loan for a condo - even though I'm married to a Thai, our kids were born here, and I probably earn more than the bank manager.

you can buy a house in your wifes name and get a contract drawn up that gives you rights should anything happen to your wife.

falangs can get loans to purchase property.

and if you are earning so bloody much why dont you just pay cash.

and my understanding of the story is that it was carlsbergs choice to pull out.

Tax: Your post seems impractical. You give too much credit to the value of a contract in Thailand. They are categorically useless

Actually, the owner of the Pizza co. is an american born farang with Thai citizenship. Every time I have had Pizza Co pizza it has been undercooked. ick

That explains the lack of Carlsberg in the market in town, we have one bottle left in the fridge. Highest bidder anyone?? :o

Actually, the owner of the Pizza co. is an american born farang with Thai citizenship. Every time I have had Pizza Co pizza it has been undercooked. ick

Yes besides The Pizza, he also owns Dairy Queen, Swensen's, Sizzler, and many more. The Minors Food Group, Royal Garden Resort, Minors Holding. Basically involved in resorts, hotels, and restaurant.