Government convinced foreign confidence in Thailand's tourism remains intact

webfact

Government convinced foreign confidence in Thailand’s tourism remains intact

BANGKOK, 1 September 2015 (NNT) - The government is convinced that foreigners remain confident in Thailand’s tourism industry.

Deputy Defence Minister and Thai Army Chief Gen Udomdej Sitabutr, who is also the secretary-general of the National Council for Peace and Order, said that Thailand’s national security remains intact as all concerned officers have been performing their tasks to their best to assure the safety of the people.

Gen Udomdej stated that the general situation of Southeast Asia has been changing and moving in a positive direction through continuous and enhanced cooperation in various areas.

He added that the Defence Ministry has also been focusing on all defensive strategies along the border areas while promoting cordial relations with every neighbour.

Concerning the impact of the deadly blast in Bangkok in mid-August, Gen Udomdej said that the attack has not affected the international community’s confidence in Thailand and that a lot of foreign visitors have continued to travel to Thailand.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-01 footer_n.gif

and then............."BANGKOK: -- YUTHASAK SUPASORN, the new governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), is urged to rush rebuilding tourist confidence ahead of the high season and to work closer with the private sector."

Um, NO it's not. Get out of your bubble general. My family is leaving and I'm foreign. I wonder if these guys believe their own press statements or if junior staff write it and they read it off the TelePrompTer.

General go check the travel warnings from most of the nations that visit you. Get a clue. Not everyone is as stupid as the locals.

His facts come from PT Barnum: "there is a sucker born every minute". The sex tourists, the young back packing crowd will always flock to Thailand. The families and the well heeled will not look at Thailand seriously. Those in need of a second home have already moved to Cambodia.

In Europe it is already forgotten, with the big problems on illegal immigrants it wasn't even big news.

Can you please specify where in Europe they have already forgotten ... ? As I hear it they have def not forgotten anything and are cancelling in big numbers ... Good luck with the oh so High-Season ... gigglem.gif

Shopping Malls and supermarkets in Pattaya tell a different story.

So there we have it first hand, had dinner with some friends here in America, turned out they wanted to sell us their condo in Pattaya, replied thanks but no thanks, never heard from them again.

Sorry but Thailand needs to face reality. I have not been back in 10 years, and never will. The wife went a few years ago, and I advised her, no more trips to

Thailand..... Sorry it just doesn't appeal to me anymore just to many scams going on...... I think there better places that would love to have expats.

Just my thoughts....whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif