Banks And Atm's

louisa

Hi Im heading to thailand on Friday for the first time and have just been told that at the moment all banks, atm's, money exchanges and currency exchanges are not in operation. I was told before I leave I should withdraw all my cash from the bank and change it into baht. Can someone tell me is this correct? Are even the ATM's really not working? Help from someone there at the moment would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hi Im heading to thailand on Friday for the first time and have just been told that at the moment all banks, atm's, money exchanges and currency exchanges are not in operation. I was told before I leave I should withdraw all my cash from the bank and change it into baht. Can someone tell me is this correct? Are even the ATM's really not working? Help from someone there at the moment would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

They work just fine. Made a withdrawal today for the wife. Hmm, maybe they should disable them. :o

thanks

Is this a joke :D

Of course all banks are open and ATMs working. Where do people get such information :o

thanks guys for the info just thought i should check as someone i work with said there sister was over there at the moment and couldnt get money as banks and atms were shut, they also went onto tell me that you couldn't even pay for things with credit cards I thought this sounded a little extreme but should check as I would hate to turn up and only have limited funds.

thanks guys for the info just thought i should check as someone i work with said there sister was over there at the moment and couldnt get money as banks and atms were shut, they also went onto tell me that you couldn't even pay for things with credit cards I thought this sounded a little extreme but should check as I would hate to turn up and only have limited funds.

I did have a problem when I used the ATM though. It would not except my VISA Debit card but my Bangkok Bank ATM card it did (same ATM I've always used with it). Not the first time though due to being blocked from a security check but will check again tomorrow at another bank ATM.

Siam Commercial Bank ATM's working. Used my atm at supermarket (villa) and then withdrew some cash at SCB atm at skytrain station. This was at 515p.m.

I frequently run into SCB being down for short times in the afternoon so I am not surprised that at 2pm it was not working.