Anybody see new bike lanes being used as such?

jerojero

Is there a map of some sorts which displays the location of the new lanes? I only know of the lanes around swampy but those are like a 30 minutes drive from my home.

I really want to start biking again but there are not many options in my area except for the one in queen sirikit park which is always occupied by a wannabe tour de France cyclist group.

Does anyone know if there are any BMX-tracks or downhill tracks around Bangkok?

Is there a map of some sorts which displays the location of the new lanes? I only know of the lanes around swampy but those are like a 30 minutes drive from my home.

I really want to start biking again but there are not many options in my area except for the one in queen sirikit park which is always occupied by a wannabe tour de France cyclist group.

Does anyone know if there are any BMX-tracks or downhill tracks around Bangkok?

You could try the cycling forum. They seem to discuss that sort of thing from time to time

A new bike lane has been built between Chiang Mai Convention Centre and Huay Tung Tau. It is super popular and enhances that part of the city where it is located. Many many local people have started using the path and taken up cycling. New Bike shops are popping up all the time. I would say CM has a lot of bike shops now. The cycle lane is used pretty much only as a cycle lane. Hardly any motorcycles use it and motorists rarely decide to park their cars in the middle of it. The cycle lane is located on one side of a canal and the busy road is on the other side of the canal so that helps.

A new bike lane has been built between Chiang Mai Convention Centre and Huay Tung Tau. It is super popular and enhances that part of the city where it is located. Many many local people have started using the path and taken up cycling. New Bike shops are popping up all the time. I would say CM has a lot of bike shops now. The cycle lane is used pretty much only as a cycle lane. Hardly any motorcycles use it and motorists rarely decide to park their cars in the middle of it. The cycle lane is located on one side of a canal and the busy road is on the other side of the canal so that helps.

Would've preferred it, if they'd direct their resources & budget to keeping the smoke belching trucks & buses off the Doi Suthep climb, which is probably the most popular cycle route in Chiang Mai. I rarely ride up there because of the pollution. Last time i was riding down, a tour bus (coach) going up was putting out more smoke than The Flying Scotsman steam locomotive bah.gif

Cable car to the temple would be a start.