Fri night birthday fun

B0nkers

Not much of a drinker, but kinda want to go somewhere tonight. Thought maybe Zoe, but apaprently there is a thread here that says it's shut due to bouncers killing someone :/

Then it seems pretty much all the other popular areas had threads sayng they are dead or have horror stories.

Came across a little street close by the hotel a couple days after I arrived, and I'm pretty sure I was the only foreigner there. One of the waitresses called me in, so I went and shared 2 bottles of coke with her... not really what she was hoping for, I'm sure... but I don't drink as sometimes I have a pretty harsh allergic reaction to some beers.

She sat with me for about a 1/2 hour as they closed at 12, but kept getting up to talk with thai guys passing by on bikes. At the end of the night she translated to me on her phone 'he will fight back. come tomorrow'. <deleted> does that mean? Bad translation or did I pick a street of bars that was not foreigner friendly? Why the heck would she sit with me (and on me) for a glass of coke? I wasn't asking for it.

So anyways... would it be a bad idea to go back there? I'd also like to find where the yourists hang out too. Would be nice to have a conversation with someone who speaks English, or thai ladies who speak enough to carry a basic conversation.

Is there anywhere left that is still open and safe? Preferably inside the old town or on the north side. The cluster of bars and entertainment complex to the east side of the river look kinda far.

Options?

Thanks

Maybe you should start telling which street you where in and what area.

Next to the Top North hotel is a little boxing area which you enter trough something that looks like a small dead end street.

Maybe she said he will fight tomorrow come back than.

Zoe is open and if you not walk in with your coke from 7/11 there will be no problems.

Closing time is 12:00 AM so you better hurry.

Good luck

It was on this street (no name that I can find), by the Opium hotel

Google map

Just the idea of that sort of thing going on makes me want to stay away... live by the sword, die by the sword. I'm no stranger to drama, an that's why I prefer to steer clear of it.

Any other suggestions than Zoe? I mean if Zoe is about as normal as it comes....then fine.

Edited by B0nkers

Loy Kroh Road first; Easy Corner bar has their annual anniversary party today.

And then later the Zoe area; not sure if Zoe itself is open again but it doesn't matter; plenty other options there, many with live music, others with a small dance floor, etc. And lots of people.

EDIT: oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thanks guys.

Do they still have boxing at Thapae Gate? Just ran across an blog on Google from 2010

I took a quick look in when driving past and noticed a whole lot of parked motorcycles again. So made a mental note to go check it out.. I've been checking it out about once a year for the past 15 years and so far it has reliably sucked. ;)

You never know though. Maybe they thought of something for Chinese tourists or something, I'll go take a look.

With all the rain today, it looks like tomorrow may be better to go out

But tomorrow aint your birthdaysad.png

Post #6 by WTK sounds the best for someone lonesome on their BD....

Thanks.. Also the mashed potatoes and stew/gravy are incredible, surprisingly.. Close to the moat end of Loy Kroh, look for the balloons. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai