Ipod Nano Laser Engraving

GonewiththeWind

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Anyone found an answer to this since the original post? I just bought an Ipod Touch and want to get it engraved... the Apple shop where I bought it had no idea.

All jewelers in Central World also seem to have no clue.

One mentioned MBK... but is that just a guess?

Any help much appreciated :-)

Cheers,

L x

Chula University has a large gem dept that does laser engraving - think it is on the 5th floor of the Faculty of Sciences building on their main campus near MBK

http://www.git.or.th/testing_center_en02.html

Faculty of Sciences

Chulalongkorn University

Phatumpan Bangkok

10330 Tel 0-2218-5442

Edited by JimmyTheMook

There are quite a few engravers in MBK, you'll them engraving small metal plates with photos. As long as the surface is flat it should be fine, ask and they'll say whether they can do it. I honestly can't remember exactly where these shops are, all very small, but the next time I go to MBK I will find them and make a follow-up post here.

Edited to add: Maybe 3C29 on this map?

Edited by lomatopo

Thanks Penangkaki - very handy to know.

Actually I ended up ordering online yesterday and will return the original one I bought later today. As a couple of posters correctly pointed out, Apple will engrave it for you for free when you order online and, since they promised free shipping in 1 business day I thought that was probably the best option.

I'm sure I could have had it done somewhere but I was a little concerned about them piercing/scratching the casing.

Thanks all :-)

• 1 year later...

Walked into Chiang Mai Laser Services on the Sankampang road a few days back. Glenn (USA fellow who speaks a cool Bangkok TV Thai like no expat you've ever heard) is a laser engraving, cutting, etching and marking aficionado. He's got a few million baht in machinery to do his laser services on metal, wood, plastic, steel, rubber, paper and whatever you can stick under a laser beam. He showed me samples of a photograph etched into steel, a smiling face cut into a pearl, rose wood cut into gothic images to go on a custom made guitar, mother of pearl etched with tropical paradise names, and a 400+ EUR sea snake covered iphone4 cover etched with a major designer logo.

He gave me so many ideas for using a laser I decided to come up with an idea for a laser etched, wooden tea coaster for my export tea business here in CM. When I mention that to him, he emailed me later and asked for my graphics and logo so he could do mock-up work himself. That's a service level of dedication we can only hope to find in Northern Thailand.

Address: 11/9 Moo 3 Chiang Mai-Sankampang Road (Between Baan Celadon and Cal-Tex Station). Website: www.cmlaserservice.com. Phone: 053-339-393. Mobile: 081-882-7390.

Edited by mcofer