Greywater waste disposal

naboo

What are the legalities of greywater disposal from a household property?

Currently we have a kitchen sink and washing machine that have waste water channeled to the street drainage system in front of our house. I am not sure how legal this is. The drainage channels around our land also flow into the street drains. Our bathroom waste all goes into the septic tank.

I am planning on building another shower. It would be very convenient to drop a drain pipe from the shower to the street drain. Is this legal or does greywater need to flow into a septic tank?

Probably all your neighbours are doing the same I would not worry. Our grey water goes out to where are banana trees are to water them. Right now have 4 trees with a lots of bananas,they like water. If you have banana trees on your land water them with the grey water they will love you fo it.

Edited by lovelomsak

Thanks lovelomsak.

I live at the end of a soi. I guess I'll ask the neighbours if they would be upset by the smell of shower soap in the street drains in the morning. I'll make it out that I believe it will help clean them out.

But it would be good if someone knew the law. Anyone?

I will say, yes, it is legal to drain grey water into the sewers. My 1,000+ unit housing development does that. The developer's other sub-divisions around town are all constructed the same way, sinks/showers to the sewer and toilets to the septic tank.

I drain all grey water into street verge septic tank loos only. I bug a channel of sorta so water stays on grass verge and not run into road no problems at all. I would advise not to run any grey water into septic tank.

Edited by Sutty