Help! Stuck On (short) Translation...

HarryHerb

Hello all

Among various other things I need to present to Immigration on Monday morning is the following:

หนังสือรับรองคนต่างด้าวเข้าทำงาน ตามแบบของสำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

I didn't think to ask them at the time as I assumed the list they gave me was all the usual company papers stuff - and now it's too late as they're closed for the weekend.

Does anyone have any idea what this could refer to?

Any help will be gratefully received.

The transliteration is:-

nang seu rap rong khon dtang dao kao tam ngan dtam bpairp kong sam nak ngan dtruat khon kao meung

I'm sure that one of the members more able than me will be able to translate it verbatim, but from the vocab that I recognise, "nag seu" relates to a document "tam ngan" relates to work and "khon kao meung" means "people entering the country", so would appear to be some sort of immigration paper.

Scouse.

The transliteration is:-

nang seu rap rong Letter of surety khon dtang dao kao tam ngan Person represent country(distant) enter make work dtam bpairp kong sam nak ngan dtruat khon kao meung follow or send for application belong work office inspect person enter country

Scouse.

Seems to be a letter from your employer (multi national???) guaranteeing your job plus an application from Immigration (work Permit application???)

Best I can do for now

Edited by gburns57au

Having run the OP's phrase through thai2english.com, how about:-

A certificate for a foreigner beginning work, in accordance with the format of the immigration inspector's office. (??)

Scouse.

FORMAT! I think that's the key word here, thank you. I had no idea what type of 'baep' they were on about. It must be a standard letter certifying employment from the company - at least I hope that's right, if anyone else has any better ideas I have until tomorrow...

Been offline most of today, but Scouse's effort is all accurate except that there is no need for the word "inspector".

I would translate it thus:

A letter inviting the foreign national to work at the company, in accordance with the format specified by Immigration.

(Samnak ngaan truat khon khaw muang is 'Immigration', plain and simple - short form ตม dtaw maw)

My take:

Document certifiying that foreigner (alien) has entered for work in accordance with immigration proceedures.

And the winner is... well, no one actually :o .

It turned out to be a real form (Sor Tor Mor 50 or some such) that the company has to fill in and stamp, but that's in the form of a letter (much like the work permit extension form/ letter).

Thanks for all your help, though!