Firefox Problem

Tony Clifton

My home page is Google. Lots of times, if I open a new window or new tab, when I try and type in the Google search field, the text will appear in Firefox's FIND search field. CLosing the browser sometimes fixes that after a few trys.

I've searched the net and tried a few solutions, same thing.

has anyone else experienced this problem and found how to fix this?

I just can't go back to IE.

Thanks, Tony :o

Tony - Could not duplicate the problem you describe. Possibly one of the search plugins is in conflict or damaged.

Suggest you check the Firefox Forums HERE...... HERE ...and... HERE, or post your problem in their main forum.

If you have not already done so, you may also want to try reinstalling Firefox, especially if your not running the latest release, v1.5.0.7.

Good luck.

waldwolf

My home page is Google. Lots of times, if I open a new window or new tab, when I try and type in the Google search field, the text will appear in Firefox's FIND search field. CLosing the browser sometimes fixes that after a few trys.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I close the browser (all tabs) and reopen a new window. I think it's a glitch in the system but pretty ###### annoying one. However, compared to IE, this is still the best browser for me. Tabs have changed my appreciation for web surfing. Since getting ADSL and discovering a few thumbnail galleries, haven't left the house in weeks. :o