Nine Rajabhakti Park activists skip police summons again

webfact

Nine Rajabhakti Park activists skip police summons again
THE NATION

30275897-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- NINE ACTIVISTS who took part in a trip to Rajabhakti Park to “check out allegations of corruption” this month have postponed meeting authorities for the second time, police said yesterday.

On December 7, police pressed charges against 11 people for gathering in a group of more than five in violation of a directive by the National Council for Peace and Order.

Two of the 11 surrendered to police yesterday and were interrogated for two hours in the presence of their lawyer.

Both Vijit Hanhabun, 66, and Kittichai Sumal, 33, denied the charges. Kittichai said he had not met the others to carry out political activity but was going to the park to check out corruption allegations.

The two told police they would submit a letter in their defence to police by January 15.

None of 11 activists attended the first summons set for earlier this month, but a lawyer submitted a postponement request on their behalf.

The same day, police issued a second summons set for yesterday for them to face questioning, adding that the activists' reasons for the first delay were insufficient.

Yesterday police said they had received a letter from the nine activists who did not show up saying that they would turn themselves in to police on January 8.

Meanwhile, the Bangkok Military Court approved a third round of detention for Weerachai Chabunmee, a suspect connected to the alleged insurgency known as the Khon Kaen model.

He will be further detained from yesterday to January 10.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Nine-Rajabhakti-Park-activists-skip-police-summons-30275897.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-30

And any news on unmasking this amulet trader who shipped out to HK so soon after securing the "donations". And why would he not come back if they were only donations? I mean he did a great deed, why exactly would he not hang around to bask in the glory of his efforts.......... bah.gif

I hope human rights groups pressure EU for a seafood ban .these guys deserve everything that comes their way.

Trumping up charges against people who point out the corruption .

Even little girls 15 years old are not safe from these creeps.

(Allowing mining companies to trouble children)

Insidious elites .

I hope the far right loony Donald Trump wins office and in a moment of brash ego centric reaction take offence at his Bangkok Envoy having protests outside his embassy ....and deals with them harshly.

This administration is too soft on these thugs

Edited by Plutojames88

Yet all of the 200 rabid nationalists led by the seemingly immune to the gathering rule mad monk go free?

Indefensible.

They are classified as " The Good People", so of course they are above the law..............

They are saying what Prayuth really thinks !!

Yet all of the 200 rabid nationalists led by the seemingly immune to the gathering rule mad monk go free?

Indefensible.

They are classified as " The Good People", so of course they are above the law..............

They are saying what Prayuth really thinks !!

And no doubt covered by responsible journalists.

Edited by jcsmith

If they keep not showing up, one of the police farce will have to get off his ass and go look for them. Life is tough.

What is it with an "invitation" to come in to the police office for a chat? If the guy is guilty of something he can wait for the cops to leave pack his bags and be gone.

If they keep not showing up, one of the police farce will have to get off his ass and go look for them. Life is tough.

What is it with an "invitation" to come in to the police office for a chat? If the guy is guilty of something he can wait for the cops to leave pack his bags and be gone.

Thai police are only able to arrest people that turn themselves in.

Yeah! Can you imagine the BIB break-room (aka their office) banter after having to round up those street racers?

"This job sucks!"

"I can't believe they made us go out there at night time!"

"My mia noi will think I was at home with my wife! She's going to be PISSED!"

Yeah! Can you imagine the BIB break-room (aka their office) banter after having to round up those street racers?

"This job sucks!"

"I can't believe they made us go out there at night time!"

"My mia noi will think I was at home with my wife! She's going to be PISSED!"

I think you guys are completely out of order ... how can you expect the police force to go out there, do their job and apprehend criminals?

As for these poor, over-worked policemen going out at night, in the scary darkness too, well that's just unfair! Too many bad people around at night.

"Kittichai said he had not met the others to carry out political activity but was going to the park to check out corruption allegations."

Then Kittichai is a blatent liar. I don't think a single person in Thailand with an IQ higher than 50 believes that. What might they expect to find ? - a receipt for dirty money in a brown paper bag ?.

Another 'quality' activist. You cannot believe a single word these people say.