Criminal Convictions - Thai Nationals - Information

M&M

Hello,

In theory, if a Thai national has been arrested for quite a serious crime, is there any way to find out about their situation, e.g. have they been to court / sentenced etc. and if so, what sentence they have received?

What information would be needed and how could this be approached from overseas (if at all possible...) ?

Thanks,

M&M

From overseas this would be difficult. No telephone enquiry would be entertained.

Firstly whoever makes the in-person enquiry needs a good reason and/or be related.

Secondly a full name and ID of the person being traced would be needed and in most case a date of arrest etc.

Thirdly, only a senior officer would handle such a computer search.

While there is nationwide crime database, not all police stations have access to that and in any case it might not be totally up to date and things are on paper through most of the processes.

Not sure that the above addresses the question.

What I think that the above link is for is a personal "Crime-Free Clearance" that an individual can get for himself - not for someone else.

I would welcome any correction to my view on that and on my earlier post about the OP's query.

Thanks again for the info but the link:

Here you find your answer: http://www.pcscenter...lice.go.th/eng/

is not really helpful in my situation... maybe would work for Missing Persons something like that? But not Criminal Convictions.

The person I need to track down was arrested in Pattaya in October last year (2015). Could be in Chonburi Women's "Correctional" facility... any other ideas?

M&M