Retirment

turfsire

whats ur problem laopo,im asking a question..im not here to judge anyone not like ur self there..

im trying to get some info and if u dont have any for me the dont reply with negative responce. :o

I have no problem turfsire.....you have.

First you post this about your 'extensive burns':

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=88778&hl=

..and now your topic about living in LOS for $ 580,00 a month.... :D

So, nobody can blame me for questioning your 'trolling' behaviour.

Good night to you.

LaoPo

whats ur problem laopo,im asking a question..im not here to judge anyone not like ur self there..

im trying to get some info and if u dont have any for me the dont reply with negative responce. :o

Good night to you.

LaoPo

loapo settle downthere first off..i have a retirment in us dollars ok..second off i live in england with my daughter..why would i write some thing about extensive burns if it was not true?

and for what reason do i have to lie..from ur post to mine uve been negative and nothing else..seems to me im just one of many people u call a troll..now the troll........GOOD NITE MORNING

Good night to you.

LaoPo

loapo settle downthere first off..i have a retirment in us dollars ok..second off i live in england with my daughter..why would i write some thing about extensive burns if it was not true?

and for what reason do i have to lie..from ur post to mine uve been negative and nothing else..seems to me im just one of many people u call a troll..now the troll........GOOD NITE MORNING

Because it has been written/done before; people writing things which weren't true and therefore 'Trolls'.

Also, I really can't understand why anyone would ask a question about 'is it possible to live in Thailand with an income of $ 580,00/month' which is the equivalent of about Pound Sterling 300,00/month. That's about Baht 22,500/month...

Especially if you live with your daughter....

Be real !

LaoPo

be real?

man lying is not my hobby may be lying about ownibg a nice car so fort..

but i made my point to u im american and i live wiyh my daughter..i have money coming from the goverment in the states..BIG DEAL .

ur here not to help but pestor me about a post..

get off my case and be a bit more polite with less negative replys..this forum im sure was not based on negetive people likr u..

be real here i am ..lying about being broke with a disability..wow what a story

i can picture u in ur life hounding other users day in day nite..i want to keep yhings peacefull

so chill out and help with a responce¬!!!!!!!!!1

Good night to you.

LaoPo

Because it has been written/done before; people writing things which weren't true and therefore 'Trolls'.

Also, I really can't understand why anyone would ask a question about 'is it possible to live in Thailand with an income of $ 580,00/month' which is the equivalent of about Pound Sterling 300,00/month. That's about Baht 22,500/month...

Especially if you live with your daughter....

Be real !

LaoPo

i have a budget of $580 a month..i was wondering should that be enough to liv in thailand..food,social life accomadation

It's possible on $580 p/m. In addition to the $580 per month you should also have something set aside for emegencies like maybe around $1000.00 and perhaps and additional $1000 when you arrive to help get set up. It's hard to give you real good advice not knowing more about your situation like where do you plan to live your lifestyle etc. Naturally upcountry your money will go much farther. Give us some more details as to what you're looking for.

i have a budget of $580 a month..i was wondering should that be enough to liv in thailand..food,social life accomadation

It's possible on $580 p/m. In addition to the $580 per month you should also have something set aside for emegencies like maybe around $1000.00 and perhaps and additional $1000 when you arrive to help get set up. It's hard to give you real good advice not knowing more about your situation like where do you plan to live your lifestyle etc. Naturally upcountry your money will go much farther. Give us some more details as to what you're looking for.

thanks man..

i'd like to live where its cheaper so i guess up north..my social will be going out twice a week a couple of drinks etc and dont mind renting a room or what ever,

what u think?

i'd like to live where its cheaper so i guess up north..my social will be going out twice a week a couple of drinks etc and dont mind renting a room or what ever,

what u think?

You can get a basic furnished room in Sisaket for Bt3-4K/month, extra for UBC, hot water, air con, etc. (you decide what you want). An evening at a "bar" near the station Bt80 (two drinks, Leo or Chang) plus food - lots of variety on the market - say Bt30 for a decent Thai dish. You could get by on Bt500/day after rent quite easily.

Unlikely you can get by on $ 580 pm ( 20,000 Baht approx )

I aslo assume you have no lump sum set aside.

If you are over 50 you will not be able to comply with the

financial requirements for the Non O retirement visa.

If you are under 50 then you will now need to do overseas visa runs by air,

which are obviously much more expensive than the old border hops.

Naka.

Naka.

A good point made by naka and something that I didn't consider in my reply. I still think you will be able to get by on the $580 p/m but the visa problem will certainly give you some grief.

Naka.

A good point made by naka and something that I didn't consider in my reply. I still think you will be able to get by on the $580 p/m but the visa problem will certainly give you some grief.

lets say aboutn700 dollars a month should get me by nicly????????/

At 27 you've got what, 40, 50 maybe 60 years ahead of you.

Consider what inflation and currency changes are going to do to your income.

$580 (£310) per month is more or less what you should be saving now and for the next twenty five years if you expect to retire say in your mid 50s.

$580 (£310) per month is more or less what you should be saving now and for the next twenty five years if you expect to retire say in your mid 50s.

i am retired dew to a serious accident..im trying to move some where else under the term im in ..to be able to relax..would $700 get me by ??????????//

i am retired dew to a serious accident..im trying to move some where else under the term im in ..to be able to relax..would $700 get me by ??????????//

ive made out a budget of 26,569 bat =700$

Friend of mine is 50 years old retired in Pattaya on 20K baht a month.

He bought a small condo (in a complex with 2 pools) for 300K baht from someone who wanted to sell quickly.

He doesn't drink and doesn't smoke (big savings).

He has a live-in GF and he gives her 12K a month.

She shops, cooks cleans etc :o and whatever baht left over is hers.

He goes out 2-3 nights a week with friends and has a very good time.

He's been doing it for over a year now, has lost 20kg in weight and says he's never been happier. :D

Friend of mine is 50 years old retired in Pattaya on 20K baht a month.

He bought a small condo (in a complex with 2 pools) for 300K baht from someone who wanted to sell quickly.

He doesn't drink and doesn't smoke (big savings).

He has a live-in GF and he gives her 12K a month.

She shops, cooks cleans etc :o and whatever baht left over is hers.

He goes out 2-3 nights a week with friends and has a very good time.

He's been doing it for over a year now, has lost 20kg in weight and says he's never been happier. :D

What does your friend do about a visa?

ive made out a budget of 26,569 bat =700$

:D

As you continue your stroll down fantasy lane, perhaps this may help, although I very much doubt it in your case... :o

If, as I believe, you are in the UK then I suspect that you are not Retired, but receiving long term sickness benefit.

If that is the case then you need to be aware that Long Term Sickness Benefit is not payable to people who move overseas (other than to certain countries of which Thailand is not one).

If you are coming with your daughter, and she is of school age, and she does not speak Thai, and you are not willing for her to miss a year or two of school while learning Thai to get an inferior education, then $580 or $700 will not be nearly enough funds monthly. You will have to pay out for her education in a "bi-lingual" or Inter" school, which would deplete most of your monthly income IMO.