Car insurance for 1 month

Being non resident does not affect your driving license. It is either valid or out of date. For one month I suggest car rental. Just read your other post saying you have lost your UK license ...?????????????

Edited by pontious

Being non resident does not affect your driving license. It is either valid or out of date. For one month I suggest car rental. Just read your other post saying you have lost your UK license ...?????????????

Someone on that other thread says a non resident is not entitled to a uk license. My one was valid until I am 70. I believe everyone in the uk has one with photo id these days.

If you have the old style paper licence it is valid until it's expiry date. If you have lost it or have to apply for a new licence for whatever reason then you will be issued with a photo licence. If you have an address in the UK where you can have the licence sent you can get a new licence. If you don't you cant. For your purposes you are resident in the UK when you arrive there unless you have declared yourself non resident for tax purposes. Temporary car insurance is expensive and you will have to provide evidence of your licence.