Fix ASUS Laptop

krey

I bought a very slender ASUS laptop last year, been a little rough with it and

the screen has snapped off from the base. I can actually still see the video screen as the screen itself isnt broken

but the latch and hinges that allow it to open and close are pretty much destroyed

Anyone know where I might get this fixed, it was a little bit expensive to buy it, dont really have the cash to run out and buy a new one

thoughts?

thanks all

What exactly has been broken? The plastic or the metal part?

You can check by taking off the keyboard, screw out some screws under the notebook and open it up. Google the model you have and read where the screws are located and how you take out the hard disk and a few wires.

Visit an ASUS shop and ask if they have that piese. If it is the plastic that has been broken then you need to replace the whole plastic surrounding your screen as it most likely is a one-piece. Anyway, they may be able to help you. If not then you need to contact ASUSTek Service Center Thailand and get them to send it to you. Either way will cost you some money but it's a lot cheaper than buying a new laptop. You may also be lucky if you or a local pc fixing shop have some old or broken Asus laptop that you can take this part from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by HOAX

• 5 weeks later...

I'm surprised it's so cheap. Nice being in Thailand. In the west I'm pretty sure that fixing it wouldn't have been cost-effective...

well I am sure the costs are more aimed at Thai salaries and not foreigners

Well it didn't go as planned that is for sure , went to the service center

Initial I brought it in because the screen snapped from its base.

1. I took it in Late March and they looked at it and said about 2000 Baht give or take a few Baht and four days to fix

They would call.

2. They did call in 4 days to tell me that it was not ready and were waiting for a part, that was about March 26th, said about 3 more days

3. They didnt call, so I called and they said the screen was fixed but the wifi was broken in the process and they had to order the part from Singapore

and it would come April 6th and if it did not come on April 6 it would be delayed to next shipment on April 16

3. Waited to the 6th, no answer, said it be ready on 16th

4. Called on 16th, place was closed on the Saturday (after songkran hours I guess)

5. Called on Monday told me their systems were down and could not check status, would call me back

6. Never called me back

7, Next day I drove in.

8. She said Wifi not ready yet we were about to send to Bangkok for repair , can you wait another 1 to 2 weeks

9. I had enough 4 days had turned to 1 month. I said is the screen fixed they said yes. I said okay can I see it now and I will probably take it with the broken WIFI (internal) and use an external WIFI USB

10 . She brings it out in pieces haha.. I said well that isnt put together. I said i do not want to wait for WIFI, put it together with the new screen and I will fix the WIFI in the west when I go back home

11. Picked it up a day later

certainly not very smooth, first couple weeks it was kind of nice not being addicted to the laptop but after the break I really needed it back..

Edited by krey

Ouch. Nightmarish story typically Thai-style.

I'm fairly convinced that they did break the wifi antenna cable that runs from the mainboard to all around the screen framing. Such bloody poor service from an official service centre :-(

Ouch. Nightmarish story typically Thai-style.

I'm fairly convinced that they did break the wifi antenna cable that runs from the mainboard to all around the screen framing. Such bloody poor service from an official service centre :-(

Very Possible but I can't say for sure, I know the WIFI was working when I gave it to them but perhaps it was damaged from the screen snap and just hanging on.. not sure, or as you say it was just broken during the repair.

Yes it was a headache, glad to have it back and the new screen works fine, usb wifi thankfully works as well , so that will do for now,