Thai PWA provides free water supply for drought affected public

webfact

PWA provides free water supply for drought affected public

BANGKOK, 6 April 2016 (NNT) – The Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) will be providing a supply of free tap water to the drought affected public in an attempt to alleviate the drought situation, says a PWA official.

The PWA’s Acting Governor Chompol Chokeponguedomchai has revealed findings from the PWA’s special drought prevention and mitigation unit, that the PWA has been continuously monitoring the effects from the drought and tap water production.

As forms of relief aid, he stated that all PWA units have been appointed to initiate risk prevention and a management plan. This directive will be implemented in parallel with supplying free water to the affected public through 234 distribution points.

The PWA has supplied 221 million liters of clean water to the public during 1 January to 4 April 2016, which exceeds the amount supplied during the same period of last year.

The general public can report to the PWA Call Center's 1662 for issues regarding tap water supply or water shortages.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-06 footer_n.gif

Great news, our village-supply has been dry for the past month, some other nearby have been dry for 2-3 months, when will the PWA's new service be starting up in Chiang Mai province ?

Call 1662 but don't be surprised to get a busy signal or canned music. Do they say " Your call is very important to us?" You can relax in style waiting for a person to answer the phone and listen as your mobile bahts disappear. I love that part about calling businesses here they always seem to be in league with the mobile companies to make your bahts disappear so that you have to refill your phone what a system. These headlines look great but I wonder how many small villages are going without????

we are short on water. should we charge more for it so it is used more carefully or give it away so people can use it excessively without having to pay?

You have answered your own question it is way to cheap and wasted. We have our own well in the condo here but I still practice good water management as does my g/f. She is a fast learner.