Dogs in the news again at Bangkok police flats!

rooster59

Fasteddie - you are mixing with the wrong people if you prefer dogs to humans. Dogs may spread joy in your world, in mine they spread diseases and dog-dung + a few road accidents on the side.

What diseases?

Rabies, Dogs and Humans Leptospirosis, Dogs Salmonella, Dogs and People Campylobacteriosis Cryptosporidiosis Worms Ringworm

The above can be found at - http://dogcare.dailypuppy.com/can-canines-pass-fungal-infections-humans-6011.html

It is a site for dog-owners. I got bored- there are others but given your preferred life-style it would not be well received.

Had and been around dogs including Thai all my life and never caught any of those, not too good at spreading them obviously, now humans on the other hand....they definitely spread diseases, murder, rape, cheat, lie, steal, cause wars and spread suffering all over the world.

2 dog stories in one day! I love it. I am a self-confessed dog-hater. There are working dogs and all the rest are muck-making machines that spread diseases and cause accidents. Until a responsible government takes control & does something about this problem that harms its citizens and discourages tourists then people will take the law into their own hands. Som nam na.

And I'm a self confessed dog hater hater. Dogs are the most wonderful faithful friends a person could have and spread much joy and happiness, give me dogs over people any day.

"the most wonderful faithful friends a person could have" is another human being. I feel very sorry for you if the best friend you can get is a dog

Edited by Matt96

2 dog stories in one day! I love it. I am a self-confessed dog-hater. There are working dogs and all the rest are muck-making machines that spread diseases and cause accidents. Until a responsible government takes control & does something about this problem that harms its citizens and discourages tourists then people will take the law into their own hands. Som nam na.

And I'm a self confessed dog hater hater. Dogs are the most wonderful faithful friends a person could have and spread much joy and happiness, give me dogs over people any day.

"the most wonderful faithful friends a person could have" is another human being. I feel very sorry for you if the best friend you can get is a dog

Don't feel sorry for me, dogs will never betray you. You must be very young if you think friends will not betray you, you'll learn unfortunately.

'Had and been around dogs including Thai all my life and never caught any of those, not too good at spreading them obviously, now humans on the other hand....they definitely spread diseases, murder, rape, cheat, lie, steal, cause wars and spread suffering all over the world.'

Eddie, simply because you have been lucky/immune, these diseases are not spread to other humans?

You are a member of the human race no matter how much you wish to be re-incarnated as a canine. Those horrid people who wage war/rape etc also write books/poetry; make movies; grow your food and make it possible for you to engaged in debate on the Internet; they provide you with water/Aircon/cars/planes and other transport. You have to accept there are good & bad in every species. I think you are missing out on life if your sole interaction with life is with a dog.

Don't feel sorry for me, dogs will never betray you. You must be very young if you think friends will not betray you, you'll learn unfortunately.

first of all, dog can betray a human (thief, for example, can get friendly with a dog by offering food day by day). dog can even kill it's owner - it happens all the time all over the world.

and second, if your friendship is spoiled by an idea that your friends can betray you - it's a sign of neurosis. try to live in a present moment and enjoy what life can give you - friends, relations with other human beings.

try to accept people who they are.

past does not exist, future is nothing but an illusion. only the present moment is real

this story is a way to help their animal hating friend in the news before. I have walked past thousands of soi dogs and never once been bitten. This story stinks of a thai hating animals and kicking it while moving things around.

Soi dogs are abused day and night bu barbarian thai residents and still i have never been bitten by soi dogs. The dog would have to be extremely scared/stressed with this thai man to react with a small bite.

Karma for the animal abusers out there

Just because you have not been bitten by a soi dog is rather irrelevant, many have and by some with rabies, hundreds are killed worldwide by dogs every year. There is no such thing as karma. I don't believe in cruelty to animals but do think pest control is essential, and soi dogs are a pest in many ways, the numbers are way out of control and the only practical way to deal with this is a mass culling, and the sooner the better.

Riding past a pack of them on a push bike or motorbike, especially at night, can be like running a gauntlet.

During the day in my area, it's not too bad, can generally use the bicycle, but after 8 or 9 PM, forget it! Control of the Sois shifts from humans to dogs. I consider my own Soi a "no go zone" on a push bike at night. If I need to nip up to the Tesco, I'll use the motorbike and still, will usually ride over 1 block, then up to the main road, to avoid the potential dog aggro on my soi.