Phuket Trip Advice

gatekeeperdi

Hi,

I`m hoping to go to Bangkok and Phuket late next year with my husband. I have a back problem which means I have to use a stick to walk with and I can`t walk very far in one go.

We want to be able to visit as many of the major sites in and around Bangkok and Phuket so we`re planning to spend 10 days in each place. This way hopefully we can have a couple of days to recover from the flight and then have day doing a trip somewhere followed by a day resting up by the pool.

We would like to visit Phang Nga and Phi Phi island but with my back problem I can`t imagine a speed boat will be any good for me at all. Considering my problems, can anyone advise on the best way to plan to do this? Is it possible to do these trips with just ourselves, and maybe a guide, on a boat rather than in a large group. I wondered if that might allow more time to see things in a more leisurely manner, but don`t know if this is feasable or necessary.

We`d also like to see as much of the different coastal areas around Phuket during our stay and again was wondering if hiring a car and driver, and again maybe a guide, would be the best way to do this. Can anyone recommend any trustworthy and reliable guides and boat owners who might be able to help with these trips?

There are lots of other places we`d like to see too while we`re in both places but we could discuss the finer details with the guide when we sort out an itinerary and price for their services.

Any help and suggestions about places to see or not to see and companies to use or not to use, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

In Phuket try the Patong Resort has a the best centralized location very close to a wide variety of good restaurants and services. They also have a very nice pool and grounds. All about 100 meters from the beach.

In Bangkok I often stay at the Ambassador because of the central location near the skytrain and the rooms are not too expensive. Seems to be very popular with the middle eastern clientele.

Hi,

I`m hoping to go to Bangkok and Phuket late next year with my husband. I have a back problem which means I have to use a stick to walk with and I can`t walk very far in one go.

We want to be able to visit as many of the major sites in and around Bangkok and Phuket so we`re planning to spend 10 days in each place. This way hopefully we can have a couple of days to recover from the flight and then have day doing a trip somewhere followed by a day resting up by the pool.

We would like to visit Phang Nga and Phi Phi island but with my back problem I can`t imagine a speed boat will be any good for me at all. Considering my problems, can anyone advise on the best way to plan to do this? Is it possible to do these trips with just ourselves, and maybe a guide, on a boat rather than in a large group. I wondered if that might allow more time to see things in a more leisurely manner, but don`t know if this is feasable or necessary.

We`d also like to see as much of the different coastal areas around Phuket during our stay and again was wondering if hiring a car and driver, and again maybe a guide, would be the best way to do this. Can anyone recommend any trustworthy and reliable guides and boat owners who might be able to help with these trips?

There are lots of other places we`d like to see too while we`re in both places but we could discuss the finer details with the guide when we sort out an itinerary and price for their services.

Any help and suggestions about places to see or not to see and companies to use or not to use, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I agree with Kasi the Ambassador is a good hotel and they have package deals available on their website www.amtel.co.th

Hope this helps.