The Old Boys Club

A New Beginning
After I first arrived in Thailand off the banana boat (so to speak) in 2004 thought I’d found Utopia on the other side of the world. This an exciting country full of scope, adorable women, great culture and seemingly a wonderful place to live amongst the Thai People. I never really understood why some ex-pats seemed so unapproachable verging on pig-ignorant besides a bit standoffish. Having always met westerners beforehand from around the world in different places, always friendly, kind and humorous found this new division slightly disturbing. It seemed to me that the grumpiest sad bastards on the planet had joined forces in this country then dispersed into villages to mingle with the natives. Its IMHO they’ve all regrouped and converged on Thaivisa. Admittedly, they’re a minority group although work in the different Victor Meldrew sections suffering different sicknesses suggested as follows:

Grammar Police Disorder

Apologist Disease

Thainess Disease Syndrome

Overstayers Psychosis

Turncoat Paranoia Obsession

Amulet Obsessive Phobia

Superiority Complex

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Progression
Too many disorders to mention though trying to give an insight to what is undeniably emerging over these eventful years just wondering what the next decade has in store for us and would appreciate your unbiased views. As long as we can keep each other amused indefinitely. I’m sure these interesting forums will benefit others coming to stay in Thailand but one should never expect any empathy from any members as this seems to be the norm.

All the best

ScotBkk

i am not an expat yet, so maybe thats why i am happy.

surely there is room in the list for 1 or 2 happy expats.

OP did admit he's talking about a minority. He may have been generous.

Wouldn't (be) much of a forum without 'em.

Acute Bipolar Bigotry syndrome.

Foot in Mouth disease.

Edited by andrew55

Editing Edification issues

I had to look up Victor Meldrew. Hope I can come up with one you need to look up.

PS I didn't edit this time (yet) as I quoted myself. Hence the PS.biggrin.png

OP i suffer from all the ailments you mentioned.

You got any cure for that????

If not i will just continue as before.

Palliative care old mate. No cure. Forum is therapeutically indicated.

Same prognosis as old age. Terminal death. Continue as before.

Unfortunately the ailments mentioned linger longer than old age which tends not to last very long.

I personally don't mind the variety of views expressed on TV, which at times can be 'laugh out loud' amusing ... the recent post on "should I build a house next to my in-laws?" being a case in point.

Thailand is not paradise of course, but if you can manage to avoid or minimise some of the irritants, you can get close. A lot of what to avoid I've learned about by the experiences of others on here, thanks for that.

What's an "amulet obsessive?" ... clearly, I've not been here long enough!

Other commonly occurring problems include. ..

Dissociative Shagging Bargirls Until Broke Obsessive Disorder

Aggravated Support the Sick Buffalo Syndrome

Vacated Common Sense Complex

like I keep saying there are too many farangs here now......over expat population growth screwed this place three ways from Sunday and then sideways.......