Driving Licence

yasmar

I had an internation driving permit when I first arrived here which I used in conjunction with my oz licence when driving a car here. I transferred that into a thai licence when I got my Non Imm visa. I arranged for the permit through the RACV when I was on a trip back to Oz. Not sure if its possible to get one over here. Maybe in Bangkok but not out in the sticks.

dear members can anyone please tell me best way to get a international driving permit.i live in chaiyaphum.thanks for any help you can give me.

yasmar..

??Do you live here on an Imm O visa? If so, you can get yourself a Thai Driving License. Where are you from originally? In the states you just go to your local AAA auto club shop and pay a fee and show them your valid driving license and get a one year International Driving License for 50 bucks I think it was/is.

Cent

Yes, you have to apply in your country of origin. I do not believe you can acquire one at your local embassy but you ought to check on that. I just got mine in the US @ AAA for only US$25. You need to have two passport photos with you or you get to pay an extra 25.

I also plan to get my Thai license as I now have my 12 month Non-O. :o