Easy-listening Thai covers of Western songs (Where to find them)

MiguelV

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here smile.png I've been to Thailand 3 times, for around 1 month each time. I truly love the country, that would be an understatement, I feel so good there. I also love the surrounding Buddhist countries.

Anyway, one thing I've grown to like is Thai covers of Western songs, in an easy-listening format. Whenever I go to Thailand, these can be heard at cafés, restaurants, etc. Usually it's a Thai woman singing softly, the tempo is slower than the original songs and actually I find it relaxing biggrin.png

I've been looking for them online, but I can never find them. When I google "Thai covers of Western songs" usually I'm led to videos of (amateur) Thais on YouTube covering these songs, which isn't really what I'm looking for. Does anyone know how / where I could find some of these songs, or a compilation?

I really appreciate any help with this wink.png

Thanks!

-Miguel

do you mean the "bossa nova" type jazz covers?

Hey, thanks for the reply!

No, I've heard those Bossa nova ones sometimes, but what I'm talking about are the ones that sound like usual Thai songs / Thai ballads - guitar and a slow beat - but they're covers of recent Western songs... like covering Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Maroon 5, etc, whoever has been a chart success in the last 5 years.

For example, some will have a similar acoustic sound to this Thai song below, but with a female singer and covering a Western pop song. Sometimes with a male singer too, but 90% I've heard are covered by female singers.

Edited by MiguelV

Go to CD store and ask, I've bought several and cheap about 10"b

You mean a CD store in Thailand, in suppose?

I live in London, so I doubt I'd find that in a CD store here (there are not many of them to begin with)

I was looking to find something online, before I travel to Thailand again... so I can listen at home and reminisce :)

Go to the playstore and download the application JOOK on your smartphone.

Can find plenty of Thai easy listening song on the app.

I don't know if they are covering western songs because I don't understand the language.

Edited by Rayk

Go to CD store and ask, I've bought several and cheap about 10"b

You mean a CD store in Thailand, in suppose?

I live in London, so I doubt I'd find that in a CD store here (there are not many of them to begin with)

I was looking to find something online, before I travel to Thailand again... so I can listen at home and reminisce :)

sorry CD store in Thailand 100b, I think a lot are Pinoy singers