Region 5 Police honour 111 drug sniffing dogs

webfact

Region 5 Police honour 111 drug sniffing dogs

150904-wpcf_728x409.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- The narcotics suppression in eight northern provinces of Thailand has been a success with the seizure of over 7.5  million methamphetamine pills, and 27 kilogrammes of heroin in the past one year.

Major part of such success was owed to the detection or sniffing dogs.

Upon realisation of their contributing role in detecting drugs, the Chiang Mai-based Provincial Police Region 5 has recently held a ceremony to reward the 111 sniffing dogs that helped the northern and narcotics suppression police in eight provinces to achieve in the suppression and prevention of drug smuggling into the country.

This is the first time that this kind of ceremony has been held  in the country and will serve as a great motivation for both the animals and their keepers.

The dogs are mostly made up of German Shepherds as well as other breeds such as Labrador Retrievers and Beagles.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/region-5-police-honour-111-drug-sniffing-dogs/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-15

When you look at the comments I am in favoring of giving these dogs the rank of general fruit salad and all. I am sure that some of the generals in the background would be willing to give the uniform off of their back as a small sign of gratitude. A few alterations and I am sure they would fit. It would be nice to see the dogs "bark" out orders to the generals. Finally some true front line workers getting their just rewards. I just love the movie "Look Who Is Talking Now"

3 hours ago, khwaibah said:

"The dogs are mostly made up of German Shepherds as well as other breeds such as Labrador Retrievers and Beagles."

I counted only 2 German Shepherds, 0 Beagles and 50 Labradors.

Two hands, two feet; how were you able add  to get the total of 52 ?  Please explain this magic talent ?