Thai woman claims she was randomly stabbed with needle at South Korean train station

webfact

Thai woman claims she was randomly stabbed with needle at South Korean train station

By Coconuts Bangkok

korean_stab.jpg

A picture of the tiny punctured hole made by the syringe that was left behind. Photo: All About Korea/Facebook

BANGKOK: -- For anyone who’s thinking about visiting the land of K-pop for a little vacation, a little friendly warning might be needed.

A Thai woman who was visiting South Korea with some friends shared a story of her recent attack online, claiming she was stabbed in her back with a needle by an “old Korean lady,” who then proceeded to run away.

In the story, shared on Facebook page All About Korea, the victim talked about her weird experience and warned others who plant to visit South Korea on vacation.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/19/thai-woman-claims-she-was-randomly-stabbed-needle-south-korean-train-station

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-09-19

"... and flew back to Bangkok on the same day. After that, she went to the hospital and received a shot against HIV."

Interesting that once back in Bangkok she was able to get a shot against HIV.  How long have anti-HIV inoculations been available, anywhere, never mind Bangkok?

56 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

"... and flew back to Bangkok on the same day. After that, she went to the hospital and received a shot against HIV."

Interesting that once back in Bangkok she was able to get a shot against HIV.  How long have anti-HIV inoculations been available, anywhere, never mind Bangkok?

A few years already. But it's normally not in a shot form, but a 28 day course of pills. Then again, Thailand is at the forefront worldwide in HIV vaccine trials, so maybe she knew someone and managed to get into an already running program. 

https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/prevention/reduce-your-risk/post-exposure-prophylaxis/

Edited by Gulfsailor

3 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

HIV for instance? 

Yeah exactly, I was going to reply something similar. If somebody randomly jabbed me with a needle at a train station, I for sure would go and get tested for all kinds of things. The HIV virus doesn't show up in blood tests until a few months after infection however I think ...

26 minutes ago, JustNo said:

Yeah exactly, I was going to reply something similar. If somebody randomly jabbed me with a needle at a train station, I for sure would go and get tested for all kinds of things. The HIV virus doesn't show up in blood tests until a few months after infection however I think ...

Unfortunately it doesn't and the anti-hiv meds are pretty harsh on your body. Had to take them myself for 2 ( ?) weeks or even longer and I could not go to work. It was a nightmare. 

40 minutes ago, louialive said:

That skin tone in the photo doesn't look Thai

"Visit" = Holiday in Korea = rich Thai = deathly pale skin?

Have you never seen one of the "Ghost Women" of Thailand?

Edited by Enoon

2 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

Unfortunately it doesn't and the anti-hiv meds are pretty harsh on your body. Had to take them myself for 2 ( ?) weeks or even longer and I could not go to work. It was a nightmare. 

How did they make you feel? We are making good headway with vaccines and cures for the virus though, and the life expectancy of someone with the virus is increasing each year :)

13 hours ago, Enoon said:

"Visit" = Holiday in Korea = rich Thai = deathly pale skin?

Have you never seen one of the "Ghost Women" of Thailand?

Yes, the Thai-Chinese generations who refuse to marry native Thais.

Edited by mesterm

13 hours ago, JustNo said:

How did they make you feel? We are making good headway with vaccines and cures for the virus though, and the life expectancy of someone with the virus is increasing each year :)

the very thought of going through the process sends shivers down the spine, leaving alone the stigma attached to the ailment.

16 hours ago, JustNo said:

the whole incident would be one bizarre and harrowing experience.

17 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

A few years already. But it's normally not in a shot form, but a 28 day course of pills. Then again, Thailand is at the forefront worldwide in HIV vaccine trials, so maybe she knew someone and managed to get into an already running program. 

https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/prevention/reduce-your-risk/post-exposure-prophylaxis/

it is best advised to take whatever precautionary that you can possibly take.  it may be just a joke by a sick person but the joke will be on you if no suitable action is taken at the appropriate time.