Govt refuses to discuss Bt21m bill for charter flight to security meet in Hawaii

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wondering how much it costs for a politician to go the 7/11.  Whenever they travel there is always a large cavalcade of vehicles, roads are blocked huge amounts of police and security forces mobilised and then there is always the food and other logistical costs.  Thier self importance is just staggering.  I see on the media Prince William is traveling in Canada with his family, walking around, having personal contact with the people and nowhere near the amount of personal lackeys that a thai politician is afforded.

6 hours ago, Xircal said:

"Bt10.7 million was for fuel"? Are they flying via the Moon?

They'll probably use one of Thai's 747s for the round trip. One of those burns approximately 4 litres of aviation fuel a second.

A flight between London Heathrow to New York JFK airport would cost £18,500 one way. The distance between the two is 2,999 nautical miles while the distance between BKK and Honolulu (HNL) is 5,728 nm.

£37,000 is approximately 1,665.000 Baht. So even if you doubled that figure to represent around trip of 12,000 nm it would still only represent less than a third of the cost of 10.7 million baht in fuel costs which has been calculated for the PM's round trip.

So where's the other two thirds amounting to 7,390,000 baht going to be spent I wonder? Aviation fuel cocktails for supper perhaps?

That's enough for a nice home with island views in Hawaii I would think.