Thai police arrest international Aussie fugitive in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

22 hours ago, fruitman said:

How did he come into thailand without getting arrested?

Actually, it is not impossible to avoid the counter boxes in some crossings at all. I am not sure if he was interested in the entrance stamp in this passport....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Guido James Eglitis.

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Eglitis is said to hail from Warnambool.

With a name like that I doubt very much he hails from Warnambool.

20 hours ago, elwood said:

From the OP it seems that the Australians said he had been living in Cambodia and entered Thailand recently after serving a year in a Cambodian prison;

The Australian authorities knew that he had been living in Cambodia.

He was arrested there last year and released a few weeks ago.

He arrived in Thailand at the beginning of this month 

News paper got it wrong. I know this guy and know who he is. He even tried to borrow large amount of money from me.

48 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

News paper got it wrong. I know this guy and know who he is. He even tried to borrow large amount of money from me.

Fair enough;  but The Sydney Morning Herald and other Australian sites say he was arrested last year in Cambodia and spent a year in the nick - and prior to that, he used a false name and claimed to be a private investigator working with the Cambodian police! However, the OP is about him being arrested here, so not important either way.

If this is the same man, you must be well pleased that you didn't get taken in by such a nasty piece of work.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:42 AM, elwood said:

Fair enough;  but The Sydney Morning Herald and other Australian sites say he was arrested last year in Cambodia and spent a year in the nick - and prior to that, he used a false name and claimed to be a private investigator working with the Cambodian police! However, the OP is about him being arrested here, so not important either way.

If this is the same man, you must be well pleased that you didn't get taken in by such a nasty piece of work.

That was why I made the remark about his vacation in Cambodia.