Shopping centers in Bangkok to sell farmers' rice

webfact

Shopping centers in Bangkok to sell farmers' rice

BANGKOK, 22 November 2016 (NNT) - The Rice Department has collaborated with shopping malls to increase sales venues for farmers free of charge. 

Department Director-General Anan Suwannarat revealed that his agency has successfully negotiated with Jae Leng Plaza Shopping Center in Bangkok to allocate vendor space for the sale of rice between 10:00am to 8:00pm until January 31st next year.

Future venues that will open to farmers include Seacon Bangkae and Season Srinakarin from November 25th - December 5th, The Mall Bangkapi from November 24th - December 2nd, Jas Urban Srinakarin from November 25th - December 10th, Jas Wanghin from December 1st - 5th, and Silom Soi 5 Market from November 28th - February 28th, next year. 

The public will also be able to purchase rice from the Rice Department. From November 23rd, the department will offer jasmine rice from Buriram province for 165 baht for 5 kilograms and 75 baht for 2 kilograms.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-11-22

5, 000 farmers selling rice in every shopping centre.cant wait and where's the pitches? In the multi story car parks.thai non non non nonsense again.oh maybe yingluck might come and buy it all up.the more I read this news the more I'm starting to go native and understand Thai thought.they truely ain't got all their chairs under the table and the scarey part is it's rubbin off on me.i think it's time for some r n r and fly back to the uk and have a cheap Xmas.by the way I was in Sainsbury's a couple of months ago and they only had one single type of Thai rice and a dozen basmati rice.i think they had 3 types before but at pound to baht its now a delicacy.