Paying For A New Car In Cash

goldfish

When to pay for a new car from Nissan yesterday. Couldn't withdraw enough money from my account in one hit as it wasn't my local branch. Is this normal to pay for a new car this way? Must admit I'm not too fond of walking around with a few hundred thousand baht in my pocket, a tad bulky if nothing else.

Is this normal, or is there an ulterior motive behind this?

When to pay for a new car from Nissan yesterday. Couldn't withdraw enough money from my account in one hit as it wasn't my local branch. Is this normal to pay for a new car this way? Must admit I'm not too fond of walking around with a few hundred thousand baht in my pocket, a tad bulky if nothing else.

Is this normal, or is there an ulterior motive behind this?

Get a bank draft. I know Siam Commercial have limits if not home branch.

ATM transfers to another account are easy, unfortunately there is a limit on how much you can transfer in one transaction, Siam Commercial Bank is 20,000 baht. Certainly no where near enough to pay for a car.

Take the dealer invoice to your bank and have the check made out to the dealer. Safe, easy, cheap and you have a receipt.

ATM transfers to another account are easy, unfortunately there is a limit on how much you can transfer in one transaction, Siam Commercial Bank is 20,000 baht. Certainly no where near enough to pay for a car.

Take the dealer invoice to your bank and have the check made out to the dealer. Safe, easy, cheap and you have a receipt.

I use SCB as well. Easy to up the limit to 250000. Just call them and ask them to increase your daily limit. 20k is pitifully low, can't even pay for the rent with that limit!!

For buying a car I used a cashiers cheque, cost 20 Baht from SCB last time I did it.

That has not been my experience when within the same banking system. Was yours between 2 different banking systems?

That has not been my experience when within the same banking system. Was yours between 2 different banking systems?

I had to make an 80,000 baht transfer from Siam Commercial Nong Hin to Siam Commercial Jomtien. I got the message of 20,000 baht maximum per transaction. I had to make 4 separate back to back transactions each with a 30 baht charge.