5mg Diazepam?

asianscouser

Hi. First before users (Forum users) call me a drug addict or other demeaning names let me put you in the picture. 

I moved to Thailand in 2010, sold my business in 2009 after a haunting 44 years of anxiety and panic attacks.  

Hearing Benzodiazepines and Barbituates were sold over the counter here I made a bee line in 2010 and stayed quite comfortable until 2014 when it became "Prescription only" or clinic/hospital only.  I

managed to secure a long term doctor HOWEVER!!!

After a long trip in the Philippines I arrived back in Thailand "New years day" today I went to a pharmacy in Pattaya. Long story short (Self justification stinks) I was sold small pinkish/red pills and she said they're 5 mg Valium??  I haven't taken them, what's she talking about, anybody? 

Friend of mine in Bangkok had same experience, he asked for Diazepam, and pharmacy sold him red tablets, he had never seen Diazepam come in this colour. But he claims pills worked just as Diazepam should. But this was 6-7 years ago, and he has never come across Diazepam in this colour. It is always light blue for 10Mg tablets, sometimes he has encountered yelow 5Mg tablets, both from reputable pharmacies.

I would not take these red pills tho. Who knows what it is. Instead walk into any walk in clinic , and they will help you. Those clinics are usually 100 baht per visit, and a real doctor sees you. Trust me, I have same issues as you  so it isn't just parroting something that I read online. 

You are now going to get lot of replies how Benzos are super additive, so be prepared. You can always ask Mod to close the thread. 

7 hours ago, whitemouse said:
See? This is what you gonna get, people telling you  Barbituates  =  Benzodiazepines. 

Also, there is a health sub forum here at TVF, you have better luck there. But juts walk into a clinic, not hospital, walk in clinic, there are several around 2nd Rd and Pattaya Tai 

Was expected, that's why I self-justified. Yes, I'll be going to 2nd road in the morning hopefully, hope it's open. I can't sleep, lost my Diazepam coming back from Philippines "New years day" :( hats flying. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Are they still available somewhere over the counter¿ Have a friend of age, who is on a budget and spends too much to get something similar every month, you know at which hospital. Anybody pm me this would help this old guy very much. He is 76 and fully aware of the addiction part, but just can't get any sleep without. Thank you. MS>

Actually, Diazepam is available in 5mg in Thailand, and, strangely, they come in different kinds. I even got mine from a walk-in clinic in the form of a green and white capsules...and they cost only 7 baht each. I actually take 2 capsules (10 mg) before bedtime and I can pretty much have a good sleep. 

Be aware that if you are found with the drugs and do not have a script you will be severely dealt with.
The drug control laws in Thailand can be capriciously enforced, but there is zero tolerance.
Play the self medication game at your own peril.

Yes, I get mine from a doctor and I only asked in a pharmacy and got lucky once.

Asking a pharmacist 3 km from Pattaya central seem to have its perks.

I have a prescription from a friendly doctor  for 30 pills 10 mg, refill as required, and can reasonably easily get Diazepam in KhonKaen, generally I am not asked for the prescription but always have it just in case

I have a prescription from a friendly doctor  for 30 pills 10 mg, refill as required, and can reasonably easily get Diazepam in KhonKaen, generally I am not asked for the prescription but always have it just in case

I went to a mental health clinic in. Khonkaen many years ago. I walked out with 100 Diazepam and 50 Xanax for the month. Now my doctor (When he's got them) will sell me any amount.

Never heard of anyone in Thailand, being charged for having diazepam.

Just wouldn't personally bother with a prescription. They can help after a heavy night, but ive seen more than a few get addicted to them, my advice take in moderation for social use only.

Never heard of anyone in Thailand, being charged for having diazepam.

Just wouldn't personally bother with a prescription. They can help after a heavy night, but ive seen more than a few get addicted to them, my advice take in moderation for social use only.

That's true bud yet, I've been on Benzos 30+ years. It's a dependency now mate. I can't even remember why I was put on them all those years ago.

Sorry to hear that mate. I know how addictive they can be, it just creeps up on you.

Fortunately I only take, to take the edge of a heavy one, when I'm partying. Scousers and manxies are alike I'm many ways hahah.

Haha yes you're right there. I managed to get some clonazepam yesterday. Feel much better now bud.

• 1 year later...
On 2017-01-05 at 12:47 PM, al007 said:

Hi, I am new here on the forum. I have a prescription for 5 mg valium from my homecountry, but now I ran out of pills because I stayed longer than expected in Thailand. Do you know where I can find in Khon Kaen?

On 06/01/2017 at 3:26 AM, asianscouser said:

Where do you get them for 300 baht? I pay 25 baht a pill.

In bkk, it costs 7thb for diazepam 10mg and 10thb for alprazolam 1.0mg

Even those prices are a multiple of what it used to cost... But if you can't sleep without it you will not worry about the cost too much