Neoprene Wanted - 1 Square Metre

Nikkijah

I'm after 1 square metre of neoprene or similar to cover my desk with, my elbows are wearing away :o I work long hours on my computer and I'm starting to feel achy in my elbows every time I get up to stretch...

I've looked around but all I can find is that sh1tty lino for kitchen floors! Any help or alternative suggestions are appreciated

Nikkijah

Edited by Nikkijah

mouse pads.

Just don't use a mouse, use under your elbows.

I do that at the moment but they slide around, I want something a bit more permanent, cheers for the suggestion :o

I see some shop on Rama 4 that sell the stuff.

Can you tell me more? I don't even know where Rama 4 is...

Change your posture so you don't have your elbows on the table when typing.

Chownah

I do that Chownah but as I'm on my computer all day and night my posture fails me, when I'm typing it is only usually my fingers that are touching anything but I do a lot of photo editing and HTML work which means lots of pauses and stares :D

If you got an old sleeve from a wet suit you could cut a section of it off and put it on your arm like an athletes elbow pad....it might start a fashion trend.....if you could get some of the Thai fashion models to wear some on the runway maybe you could get rich!!!!!

Maybe an atheletic supply store would have elbow pads.

NASA is saying they want to establish a permanent presence on the moon...maybe you could relocate there where the gravity is something like 1/5 of what it is here....less stress on the elbows for sure!!!

Chownah

How about the material of various forms used for flip flops ect. ?

They cut them out of fair sized lengths and this could cover your desk area.

It,s probably more hard wearing and probably less inexpensive while offering comfortable protection.

It shouldn,t be to hard to locate as they make them in many areas.

Other than that what about changing you posture by investing in a good quality chair if you don,t already have one.

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

Change your posture... instead of resting on your elbows, recline......

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/jan2000/...00327001046.htm

Quality option tolsti :D I'll wait until I'm too large to move before I invest in one of these, needs a fridge attachment though...

How about the material of various forms used for flip flops ect. ?

They cut them out of fair sized lengths and this could cover your desk area.

It,s probably more hard wearing and probably less inexpensive while offering comfortable protection.

It shouldn,t be to hard to locate as they make them in many areas.

Other than that what about changing you posture by investing in a good quality chair if you don,t already have one.

marshbags :D:D:D

I'll check that out marshbags, I've asked for a quote from a wetsuit manufacturer so I'll wait for their response first.

I'm after a good chair actually, I saw someone was selling a Herman Miller chair HERE for quite a good price before but they are still too expensive to justify at the moment

:o

Had a look at the chair Nikkijah.

I note that it has a sell by date of Dec. 6th ?

Perhaps another thread asking for a suitable alternative that could be recommended via personal use/experience of a particular model in the computer section.

The fact that you spend a long time at the desk you certainly need something comfortable.

Unless you get experienced, first hand advice, you could be paying out big money for nothing.

marshbags :o

P.S.

I got mine from one of the local furniture shops, something like 6,500 baht i seem to recollect.

Nothing to rigid or unadjustable, was my only preference.

Edited by marshbags

Cheers marshbags, I've had my eye on these chairs for years now, I used to have one in an office job I had years ago and it was the best chair in the world :D

I know in the UK they go for BIG money so if I could find one for B20,000 I would check it out and quickly snap it up! I can't believe I let this last one slip by me :o

I checked out the wetsuit manufacturer for 1 square metre of 7mm neoprene and was quoted B3,700 including delivery!!!! PAENG MAAK MAAK!

I'll be looking for an alternative!

Nikkijah

Had a look at the chair Nikkijah.

I note that it has a sell by date of Dec. 6th ?

Perhaps another thread asking for a suitable alternative that could be recommended via personal use/experience of a particular model in the computer section.

The fact that you spend a long time at the desk you certainly need something comfortable.

Unless you get experienced, first hand advice, you could be paying out big money for nothing.

marshbags :D

P.S.

I got mine from one of the local furniture shops, something like 6,500 baht i seem to recollect.

Nothing to rigid or unadjustable, was my only preference.