Do you know D Condo???

ozzy86

Huge unattractive development quite near the centre of Kathu, but seems to be in a bad state of repair from a quick ride past a couple of weeks ago. From memory, it was surrounded by undeveloped land?

Kathu is far cheaper than Patong and the coastal towns, so you can't really compare.

7 hours ago, phuketjock said:

Don't know if there is anything wrong with it but when I look up D condo it

comes up as D condo Kathu Patong but on the map it is nowhere near Patong.

Don't know if that helps??

I do know where it is but I just want to know if it is a good investment or is like burning money.... from the video on youtube it looks a great condo!

1 minute ago, London Lowf said:

Huge unattractive development quite near the centre of Kathu, but seems to be in a bad state of repair from a quick ride past a couple of weeks ago. From memory, it was surrounded by undeveloped land?

Kathu is far cheaper than Patong and the coastal towns, so you can't really compare.

Unattractive??? it looks new from what I have seen..... I think I will go to check myself

25 minutes ago, ozzy86 said:

I do know where it is but I just want to know if it is a good investment or is like burning money.... from the video on youtube it looks a great condo!

Nice looking girls!

It's easily find-able on Google Maps street view, but it's a gated development so you can only see the outside - but I'm sure they'll let you in for a look around.

Edited by London Lowf
To make it better!

4 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Just re-checked and there's another smaller "dcondo" just east of the main crossroads - that's the one that I was less than impressed with.

There are 3 developments using the D-condo moniker, Kathu/Patong, Creek and Mine.

The Patong one is on the right just past the junction if you go straight at the junction coming down from Patong, further down the road at the next junction is Creek and Mine is near to the Heritage housing project if you turn left past Creek and head towards town.

The prices ascend Kathu/Patong>Creek>Mine.

FWIW we bought a unit when they were flogging off the last few unsold ones in Creek (which has a nice big pool, gym and is kept very tidy) and it has been easy to own and has been rented out continuously since we got it. Only downside is that the car parking can be a bit of a pain but they added automatic barriers and gave the owners a little gizmo to put on the dash of your car which will only auto-open the barrier to the section where your unit is, that seems to have helped a bit.

The management have been very responsive when needed but it's all still pretty new so time will tell how long it stays that way. We got an unfurnished corner unit overlooking the school playing fields at the back for under 900K, there are plenty of for sale signs in the windows of units there but they all seem to be asking at least double what we paid.

At the entrance to Creek there is a sales office for all 3 projects so maybe drop in there if you are interested and see what they say. 

HTH.