Subaru production in Thailand to start in 2019

snoop1130

Subaru production in Thailand to start in 2019

Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI), the |manufacturer of Subaru automobiles, |will start producing vehicles in |Thailand in 2019, the company said in a statement.

The Japanese automaker Tuesday announced its plan to enter a basic agreement on establishing a joint venture next month with TC Manufacturing and Assembly (Thailand) Co (TCMA TH), a subsidiary of Tan Chong International, to start production of Subaru vehicles in Thailand.

Currently, Subaru production in Southeast Asia is conducted at a CKD (completely knocked down) assembly plant of Tan Chong Motor Assemblies in Malaysia, which builds the Subaru XV and Forester.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30304306

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-1-17

WRX-STi for a bargain price ? Unlikely ! Wonder what sort of gutless automatic shopping box Subaru will choose to manufacture for the Thai market ? Maybe a another joint venture with toyota ?.. Vios with a s h i t e interior and a Suby badge anyone ?

Subaru make some good quality cars.  I was shocked when I saw the price of a WRX here in Thailand and even more shocked seeing these parked in the "Supercar Parking" at Central Plaza (How the hell are these supercars?).  Building them here should mean a massive price drop as they will no longer be imported or subject to that tax. That has to be a positive.  

9 minutes ago, Phuketboy said:

Subaru make some good quality cars.  I was shocked when I saw the price of a WRX here in Thailand and even more shocked seeing these parked in the "Supercar Parking" at Central Plaza (How the hell are these supercars?).  Building them here should mean a massive price drop as they will no longer be imported or subject to that tax. That has to be a positive.  

Who said the WRX will be assembled here?

14 hours ago, Pdaz said:

WRX-STi for a bargain price ? Unlikely ! Wonder what sort of gutless automatic shopping box Subaru will choose to manufacture for the Thai market ? Maybe a another joint venture with toyota ?.. Vios with a s h i t e interior and a Suby badge anyone ?

Why is everyone so negative all the time

On 1/1/2017 at 6:37 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

About 300 years ago England used to have Highwaymen who would stop your carriage and demand money. Any resemblance to the BiB is purely unintended.

5 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

Why is everyone so negative all the time

??:sorry:

Had to laugh. Wasn't meant to be negative just cynical. I'd love to hear that Subaru are gonna assemble the BRZ and WRX here and reduce the retail price to the customer. But been here long enough to know that is unlikely. Guess the XV is more likely or maybe another model new to this market. I'm very keen on Subaru, family had three over the years. Tough and reliable. But their model range at the moment is uninspiring.

WRX - Old tech, needs more power, cr4p interior and fugly as hell.

BRZ - Cr4p interior and needs more power.

XV - Unexciting

On 18/01/2017 at 9:33 AM, Allstars said:

Who said the WRX will be assembled here?

I didn't say they would be.  I simple stated that I was shocked when I saw the price of the WRX here in Thailand.  Then I mentioned building them (Subaru) here in Thailand should make things cheaper.  The WRX was just used as an example of how ridiculously expensive something mid stream can be here.  You can buy a Benz or BMW cheaper.