Cha-Ching! Free Touristvisa Single Entry worldwide? Vientiane obviously didn't get the memo ...!?

2 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Alright Freud Sigi, nobody really cares for your psycho 'expertise' here - at all.

Nothing to do with Freud and only tangentially related to psychology.  He's listed Logical Fallacies.  

Sort of like telling mom and dad,  "But all the other kids are doing it."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buick said:

was one of the laos consulates/embassies refusing to issue SETVs due to the fee waiver ?  i think there were reports of this.  then things returned to normal once the revised announcement.  

Not that i know of - which might not mean that much come think of it ;-) - but no, sure not refusing to issue  them.

What some of us suspected as it was already the case in the past was that some honorary-consulates might impose some 'own special fees' probably equaling the official - then temporarily waived - visa-fees because they basically rely on them financially ...  

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

Nothing to do with Freud and only tangentially related to psychology.  He's listed Logical Fallacies.  

Sort of like telling mom and dad,  "But all the other kids are doing it."

Fine, thanks for your much valued contribution too, please go to post 28/22 respectively i believe if still alive ...

==> I see it's very important to 2 or 3 people to discuss semantics without practical value, throw around some Latin or so, so maybe the mods could scratch all visa-related posts, the only one of value - and that includes my OP too as i - now - have to admit - was joe's link regarding his topic about the 'worldwide free SETV' 180 governmental u-turn anyway which i at least got now.

Just leave the NonPsych-Philosophy-Logic-Whatever posts, rename it as you like ('Things/Topics the world don't need', maybe?) and bury it somewhere, it might still be good for some klicks.

3 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Oh my, we've already established that your posts - & the likes - don't add any value or info here, waste space & time and will probably be removed (again) by the mods. Who are you, my father, my (non-existent) priest, my shrink maybe ...?! Didn't think so.

There was exactly one useful post which came from u-joe.

I might repeat myself, but thanks for your participation too, as useless as it - too - was. 

My response above goes to the others posting before. 

My posts telling you that TV's are not free doesn't add any value? You're the one on here telling us they should be!!

Honestly you're making a complete fool of yourself by continuing to post

• Like 1

Might be easier just biting the bullet and go for the non Imm O or B if you plan on staying long term. The Thais are certainly cracking down on the issue of  long term "tourist" visas and visa exempts. Would save a hell of a lot of hassle and money in the long run......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Thank you sir--i get why you are pissed off as i was too and this forced my hand to mae sai....but as noted i expect thais to be fooling me 99.9% of the time....

Will report back..as said-ive only been here 60 days but no actual paper VISA

as in my exps as long as u have a wad of money--u will always have happy thais

Well, to add insult to injury (wait for the whiners here ;-) i had assured couple of boys on first day that i would certainly have read about it if there was some - deviating or not - cashing in of SETV-fees at all. Turns out i couldn't handle the forum-search very well for which i am truly sorry (mea culpa; sic!)
Luckily only one of them blew almost all his dough on a bender first night and got pale as the wall when first SETV'ers said they just had forked over 1.000.-. 
Idle to mention he'd never heard of the - so far mainly 'theoretical' - need to be able to show cash on entry but he was bailed out by a collect. Young lad from the UK.

For your personal Mae Sai task you might want to ask some of the more theoretical experts here for spiritual help but imho you'd just have to convince yourself mentally that not only you're loaded but also extra-hansum, maybe get a quick tattoo on the back or an instant-blessed amulet ... i take you'll get my drift ...

Now whilst we're chilling here some visa-related details (thus off-topic here, basically) in case you don't know already: bring a nice, new & crispy 10 USD bill for entry to Burma, they'll will readily take it if you tell them you'll be just turning on your heel without the need for them to print out that passport-ersatz document there. They will - almost literally - take you by the hand to cross the street and stamp you out again - making sure you don't sneak into Burmas paradise after all.

=> You can still jump into the duty-free there, it's also straight opposite the check-in, left/after check-out, a little bit back from the road, 2 levels one of which is sort of 'underground'.

Not too much to be found there though, some South Korean cigs as well as some booze as i recall, yes, considerably cheaper than in TH. If not for yourself then maybe you know a bar owner who'd be happy about it earning you back a bit of the (comparatively minimal) financial efforts. If you purchase stay roughly legit though as TH might check you on 'return'. 

If you do want to go into Tachileik - or don't have USD - you'll need 500.- THB.

If you have any spare TM-6 (Arrival/Departure card) on hand prepare it which will save you the fiddling at Thai check-in at close to 40 degree C. Still take a new form there for (potential) next time of entry.

Best of luck again, don't see any problem really - then again i'd better shut up given recent 'developments' ;-) 

3 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

My posts telling you that TV's are not free doesn't add any value? You're the one on here telling us they should be!!

Honestly you're making a complete fool of yourself by continuing to post

Thanks for your contribution, please see post ... ah, we had that already there ... well, then:

Whatever, if you say so, as if anyone cared. At all.

4 minutes ago, Grauwulf said:

Might be easier just biting the bullet and go for the non Imm O or B if you plan on staying long term. The Thais are certainly cracking down on the issue of  long term "tourist" visas and visa exempts. Would save a hell of a lot of hassle and money in the long run......

Yessir, i know, personally i had them for 7 consecutive years (NON-O 'visiting friends'), sweet, best of my times here, no questions asked at borders every 90 days, most of all didn't see an immigration office from the inside (...), didn't miss them a bit either.

I have little more than 1 year to go for 50 but am 'blessed' with an embassy at home that insists on 'proof of employment' for the METV (up to almost 9 month of 'value', it'd be perfect for me) which is just counterproductive (or plain dumb if you will) as 'proof of funds' is no issue at all.

Plus unfortunately here in TH my local immi-office chickens out on at least half of the extensions (elsewhere still easy standard) but on the other hand asks for 'contributions' to their office furniture. Well, i've plenty of those 25 Satang pieces from Tesco's (...).

But them i can handle ... by sort of, well, 'relocating' (...). We'll see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Thanks for your contribution, please see post ... ah, we had that already there ... well, then:

Whatever, if you say so, as if anyone cared. At all.

Well you cared because after telling all and sundry including your mates that they were free and then coming on here slagging the Embassy off you finally learned the truth

5 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Well you cared because after telling all and sundry including your mates that they were free and then coming on here slagging the Embassy off you finally learned the truth

Whatever, if you say so, as if anyone cares anymore. At all.

41 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

Nobody cared after your first post where you made a total fool of yourself

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Nobody cared after your first post where you made a total fool of yourself

this is why you still derailing the topic, yeah ...?

Well:

1 hour ago, jollyhangmon said:

Well:

So derailing the topic is telling you you were wrong in insisting there should have been free TV's at Vientianne?

Something else you are

Give it up, have you not noticed people are laughing at you?

Edited by darrendsd

32 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Something else you are

Give it up, have you not noticed people are laughing at you?

Yeah, I must admit given that he´s "been around" for many years now I am surprised he still gets so bloody agitated...... 

Well:

I care about you. 

It's with kindness and care I & others highlighted a few things in the hope you would "take it on board" learn a bit of common sense and skid similar in the future.

Perhaps as you alluded to in your first post about karma "may it come back and bite them in their greedy ..."

It seems what you projected out did come back and bite you in your ignorant .....

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk