Condo blocks bittorrent (some?)

BuffaloRescue

Im having problems download with bit torrent. I tried many clients. I use a mac

Some torrents for legitimate sites such as downloading software via BitTorrent from a manufacturers site seems to work. Also from wikilieaks it works.

But magnet torrents from other sites don't work. And using various online tools to turn the magnet torrent into  a regular torrent file, it still doesn't work. 

Im stumped. What can I do?

It's probably your ISP throttling torrents, and not your condo (why would they care?). Both True and TOT seems to do it, but it's not consistent. Some times I get good speeds, other times even the Dns stops working while downloading torrents. Magnet link or not makes no difference. If you want to avoid throttling I suggest you try vpn.

Seems like throttling happens mostly at daytime, try to experimenting with different times in the day. Or change isp...

WB

2 minutes ago, Encid said:

Is it better than Bittorrent or uTorrent?

cant say really if its better or not, I use transmission because it works on my Debian based NAS server  which is on 24/7,

using the remote GUI application I can easily add torrents from the web browser  on desktop or phone and check their progress

all  torrents are downloaded and stored on to the NAS server.... it does the job very well.