Sukhumvit/soi Nana Hotels

chiang mai

Anybody have any recommendations for decent inexpensive hotels in the Soi Nana/Sukhumvit area, plus or minus a few Soi's. I know the area well but am hard pressed to identify somewhere new and reasonable outside of Dynasty, Nana City Inn and Mikes Place. Any recs. gratefully recieved. Thanks

Dynasty Inn Grande on Suk Soi 6 is probably the best of the hotels around that area relative to its price - its about 2200 baht a night and is comparable in rooms to the Landmark and Grand Majestic which are over 4000baht. Google for the Dynasty Inn to see the hotel but its good and has free internet in the rooms which is pretty unique. Still other cheaper hotels around but I think I would draw the line at the Sukhumvit Crown hotel - certainly a flea pit of a dump last time I looked but admit its cheap.

Dynasty Inn Grande on Suk Soi 6 is probably the best of the hotels around that area relative to its price - its about 2200 baht a night and is comparable in rooms to the Landmark and Grand Majestic which are over 4000baht. Google for the Dynasty Inn to see the hotel but its good and has free internet in the rooms which is pretty unique. Still other cheaper hotels around but I think I would draw the line at the Sukhumvit Crown hotel - certainly a flea pit of a dump last time I looked but admit its cheap.

Crown Hotel== short time s*it hole

Majestic Suites just around the corner from Soi 4 is the best 'cheaper 'hotel, but from a lot of reports on here, it is almost always full

Still other cheaper hotels around but I think I would draw the line at the Sukhumvit Crown hotel - certainly a flea pit of a dump last time I looked but admit its cheap.

The Sukumvit Crown is down near the Emporium on the other side near Villa market around soi 25 and is a sh*thole.

The Crown Hotel near Sukumvit soi 6 and 8 is quite alright! :o

Still other cheaper hotels around but I think I would draw the line at the Sukhumvit Crown hotel - certainly a flea pit of a dump last time I looked but admit its cheap.

The Sukumvit Crown is down near the Emporium on the other side near Villa market around soi 25 and is a sh*thole.

The Sukumvit Crown on Soi six is the closest hotel to the esculater on the Nana skytrain, Its around 2 minutes walk or something. When you get off the skytrain its sits directly behind the big unfineshed carpark or building or whatever it is on the southern side or Nana Plaza side if you wish. If you jump A taxi it will go right past NaNa Plaza and turn left down the one way and drop you at the hotel, Its real convienent to get home from the Busstop or any of those little drink and eat joints down through there.

Its far from being sleazy but it is classic Vietnam R&R and some of the guys who stay there have been customers since the late sixties. They have A great breakfest or at least it was the last time I stayed there with friends. The security is good and they have a decent parking lot if you take A car.

Its far from the best kept secret but its clean and the rooms are big, I did get A scare when I woke up, They have very large plate mirrors next to the bed and I awoke to see A big hairy man laying there, I had A good laugh when I realized it was just me.

The Sukumvit Crown on Soi six is the closest hotel to the esculater on the Nana skytrain, Its around 2 minutes walk or something. When you get off the skytrain its sits directly behind the big unfineshed carpark or building or whatever it is on the southern side or Nana Plaza side if you wish. If you jump A taxi it will go right past NaNa Plaza and turn left down the one way and drop you at the hotel, Its real convienent to get home from the Busstop or any of those little drink and eat joints down through there.

Its far from being sleazy but it is classic Vietnam R&R and some of the guys who stay there have been customers since the late sixties. They have A great breakfest or at least it was the last time I stayed there with friends. The security is good and they have a decent parking lot if you take A car.

Its far from the best kept secret but its clean and the rooms are big, I did get A scare when I woke up, They have very large plate mirrors next to the bed and I awoke to see A big hairy man laying there, I had A good laugh when I realized it was just me.

I had the misfortune to fall upon the place about 4 yrs ago!!

Classic vietnam R+R? Well it certainly looked as though it hasnt been decorated since then. Breakfast, I cannot comment on as I didnt stay long enough to give it a try.

In my opinion there are far more better choices in the area

20 metres inside soi 25, by the glashaus building , on the right is a new hotel , i cant remember the name , it has clean basic rooms ( bathroom , air , fridge , cable tv ) for 800 a night incl. breakfast.

there is an italian restaurant , a minimart and an internet shop attached.

i put up a cheapskate family member there recently , it has some affiliation with the youth hostel association , but dont let that come between you and your wallet. its clean , safe and well run.

no guest entry though.

I had the misfortune to fall upon the place about 4 yrs ago!!

Are you sure that you are not getting confused with the Crown that is closer to thhe Emporium?

That is a REAL sh*t-hole, but only 500 baht with air and a swimming pool!

Thats what Im guessing too is they dont know there are two hotels with the same name. Not that it matters to me anyway, I dont stay there because I found A more convienent place next to some restraunts owned by friends but for the under A thousand baht places its pretty consistent and I have never been turned away by it being booked up.

The last time I had friends stay at the bad Crown Hotel they went to the desk and complained there was A dead girl in the pool to basicly be told "Yes we know about that" I dont remember how that story ended but It ended badly for the girl never the less.

Anybody have any recommendations for decent inexpensive hotels in the Soi Nana/Sukhumvit area, plus or minus a few Soi's. I know the area well but am hard pressed to identify somewhere new and reasonable outside of Dynasty, Nana City Inn and Mikes Place. Any recs. gratefully recieved. Thanks

Inexpensive.

On Sukhumvit Soi 11/1, near the Nana Skytrain stop, you will find the Business Inn and the President Inn, both start around 600 baht for the cheap rooms with air. Slightly better/bigger rooms available too! You can see the Business Inn from Sukhumvit where the camera shop is. President Inn is near the turn in front of the Swiss Park Hotel.

Slightly more expensive.

Fortuna Hotel, on Sukhumvit Soi 5, near the Foodland. Figure around 1200 baht with free breakfast buffet. (The breakfast buffet is open to the public too!)

Family.

The Atlanta is a good price but the sign that says "No Sex Tourists Allowed" is a turn off. I think it is on Soi 2, the hotel is at the end of the street near the church. Okay for families I suppose.

I used the Sukhumvit Crown (between Sukhumvit Soi 6 and Sukhumvit Soi 8) off and on for 8 years. They also have a fan only room that is around 570 baht per night. The "all you can eat" buffet often has some good stuff. The thing that kept me coming back was that the hotel would store stuff for you. Sometimes I kept a bag there for over 3 months - never had a problem with the hotel! (Mirrors on the ceilings in some rooms.) Some people have left their bags there for a year at a time. They have steadily been raising their prices over the last 3 years.

Sukhumvit Crowne btw Soi 6 and 8

my friend stayed there and had $1000 USD stolen out of a regualr pants belt with a zipper on the inside. This was packed, he thinks, inside his backpack locked

I must add that he was confused as to who could have taken it and even whether it occurred in the Crown's room or not

possibilities as he says:

1. inside Lolitas: stolen as he was showering

2. 1 of 2 Girls he slept with in Crown

3. Maid(s) from Crown

that's all the suspects