Why does Thailand have so many traffic deaths?

Inspire

1 hour ago, Been there done that said:

Disregard and unknowledgeable can be quite close together.

What you see here is,in a sense,the difference between right and left brain thinking.

For centuries the Western world has extolled some version of rational left brain thinking (often honoured in the breach) whereas the Thai have gone the other way.

Thusly amulets can and do replace any form of "risk assessment" and "Laws"-often created to appease the West-can be rightfully (in the minds of the Thai) ignored as they do not seem to comprehend the fundamental thought processes that created them in the first place.

Managing risk ,on any level,in any endeavour,appears to be extremely problematical.

Sanook..sanook..sabai..sabai.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

What you see here is,in a sense,the difference between right and left brain thinking.

For centuries the Western world has extolled some version of rational left brain thinking (often honoured in the breach) whereas the Thai have gone the other way.

Thusly amulets can and do replace any form of "risk assessment" and "Laws"-often created to appease the West-can be rightfully (in the minds of the Thai) ignored as they do not seem to comprehend the fundamental thought processes that created them in the first place.

Managing risk ,on any level,in any endeavour,appears to be extremely problematical.

Sanook..sanook..sabai..sabai.

Add to that the lack of morals and ethics here, what does one see then ?

On 6/25/2017 at 9:41 AM, pattjock said:

If you remove the deaths from accidents involving motorbikes, people on the back of pick-ups and minibuses you will see death numbers very comparable with any western country. Motorbike deaths alone is something like 85% of all fatalities.

To compare  traffic death rate between countries where motorbikes is the main mode of daily transport for most of the population and countries where the portion of motorbike traffic is very small is like comparing apples with oranges.

From a selfish standpoint this doesn't reassure me. I might be the innocent drive of the car that has been hit by a mad motorbike, that where the shit has hit the fan.

Make sure you have a number one insurance on all your cars. But it costs me more than E20 for my CRV.