Lufthansa Group brings new flights, fresh ideas to region

webfact

Lufthansa Group brings new flights, fresh ideas to region
By Sirivish Toomgum
The Nation

12b72254e66073fd5c8ef686699a7eac.jpeg

Stefan Molnar

Sales chief vows commitment to Thailand

BANGKOK: -- The Lufthansa Group has strengthened its presence in Thailand with the planned launches of new premium products and services to demonstrate its continuous commitment to the market. 

“Lufthansa Group is already well positioned in this important region,” said Stefan Molnar, the group’s newly appointed general manager of sales for Thailand, Vietnam and the Mekong Region. “We have daily services to Frankfurt, Vienna and Zurich from Thailand, as well as our two weekly flights to Cologne from Thailand, operated by Eurowings and our seasonal flights to and from Phuket with Eurowings and Edelweiss Air.”

Molnar is responsible for all sales and marketing initiatives for the Lufthansa Group Airlines, namely Austrian Airlines, Eurowings, Lufthansa German Airlines and SWISS International Air Lines, in Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos.

As well “in order to meet the constantly growing demand”, Lufthansa will put their flagship Airbus A380 on the Frankfurt Bangkok route. That will increase capacity during the 2017 and 2018 winter season by 37 per cent, Molnar added. The A380 will boast “an award winning first class experience and product” he noted, in addition to the first class already available on the Swiss Boeing 777, and other premium products on Austrian Airlines and Swiss International.

“With three hubs [Germany, Switzerland and Austria] different flight schedules and fully combined products, we are offering our customers full flexibility and a tailormade travel experience,” Molnar said.

Beside its focus on the Thailand market, the group is constantly evaluating the market in Vietnam and the Mekong region, where it aims to strengthen its position together with its partner, Thai Airways International. 

Molnar said the group has constantly invested in its product and innovation to deal with the intense competition in the Asian region. Group wide, it will invest about 500 million euros (Bt19.4 billion) for innovations by 2020. It already has 100 per cent Internet connectivity on Lufthansa longhaul flights.

Lufthansa Group takes a “holistic approach” to serving customer needs, says Molnar, “not only by looking into inflight products and services, but we also invest and further develop the pretravel, onground experience for our customers.”

“There are many ongoing innovative projects, but one of the more mature projects that I can point out is the collaboration with Rimowa [a leading European manufacturer of premium travel and carryon luggage] in developing an ebaggage tag. This means greater efficiency and convenience for our customers where they only need to have the Lufthansa mobile app to checkin their luggage. To kill two birds with one stone, this project is also one of the green initiatives we have within the group, as an ebaggage tag means no more printed baggage tags [and will help] to create a more sustainable environment,” he added.

Before moving to Bangkok, Molnar was based in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and was responsible for Central Asia and Azerbaijan. 

In total, he has spent around 10 years in various countries in the Common wealth of Independent States, he said. He managed the Lufthansa Group carriers “through quite challenging times like the economic crisis in 2009 which hit these booming countries quite significantly, the revolution in Ukraine in 2014, and the drop of the oil price in 201516 which slowed down the economies in countries like Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/30320305

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-10

1 hour ago, jobwolf said:

Yeah right, but he is not mentioning the exorbitant prices and lousy Service they provide.

I can sing a song about it.

Never flown with them  Is Sour Kraut on the menu Or just Sour Kraut flight attendants? Look as long as they dont employ any pilots who have worked for Air Asia then i will fly with them I will never fly Air Asia again so Scary Once on a flight my Thai wife was so scared when they flew through a storm when they could of easily of flown over it that will do for me Even had her crying and praying to Buddha Never seen her cry before she is one tough lady

There are lot to see and learn from other competitors especially from middle eastern carriers like Qatar, Etihad, emirates or from Asian carriers like Singapore , Cathy , Thai. They need to improve a lot of things 

16 hours ago, Nemesis7 said:

There are lot to see and learn from other competitors especially from middle eastern carriers like Qatar, Etihad, emirates or from Asian carriers like Singapore , Cathy , Thai. They need to improve a lot of things 

Thai airways? You really think Thai Air is good?  I think their service has been going down hill over the last 10-15 years.

Lufthansa I think is on par with Singapore. 

2 hours ago, ericthai said:

Thai airways? You really think Thai Air is good?  I think their service has been going down hill over the last 10-15 years.

Lufthansa I think is on par with Singapore. 

Well service rates only second for me Safety is more important That is why i am not going to fly Air Asia ever again I dont want to a nervous wreck before i get on the plane  I think this way Is your life more worth than 200 dollars u save by flying with them Come on the pilot said to his passengers when they lost an engine flying from Perth The Kl " I hope you can say a prayer because i am praying now that we make it back" geez i would of hit the floor in a screaming heap if the pilot said that